Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend with Grandma

Aaron and I got to spend a ton of time with Aaron's family this weekend and visit Grandma Hiatt. We love seeing Jedd and Marcie and their boys, they are so cute. We had corned beef (that was a first for me) and the best home made, cheesy bread I've ever eaten. We helped organize old photo albums and I loved seeing the old pictures of the Hiatt/Pierson family. I am so blessed to have married into such an amazing family. Here are some pictures of the events.

Here is Grandma with Scott and Tyler

The boys each got their own bar of chocolate. (By the way Symphony chocolate...AMAZING)

The weather was fabulous on Saturday, I mean fabulous for Utah in January. I actually ran outside in shorts! Aaron wanted to spend the day outside. After our ward temple night on Saturday we went and ate at Red Robin with some of our friends. Is anyone as obsessed with Red Robin as me?? I seriously think about their bottomless fries and fry sauce regularly. So many great burgers.

On Sunday we celebrated our friend Ady's birthday. She turned 20 today! We are sad that we can't make teenager jokes about her anymore (especially her husband). We celebrated her birthday with chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and chocolate sprinkles, and ice cream, of course - we were at my house after all. :)

Aaron and I had very mixed emotions about the passing of President Hinckley. It is so hard to let him go but we are so happy for him. His life of dedicated service is such an example to us. We know the heavens are rejoicing as they just received one of the hardest workers ever. Just imagine the work he is probably already gotten done over there. We feel so blessed that we were able to be so close to him just a month and a half ago. We are also so grateful for the organization of the Church, there is no confusion or delay about what will happen, who will lead us, and if anything will change, the work will continue right on, just as President Hinckley would want it to.

1 comment:

BKC said...

it was so fun to hear from you! Love your blog and I love to hear what you're up to. I sure miss you!
Kayla