Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My First Christmas In Arkansas

I had so much fun spending time in Arkansas for Christmas and I loved my first Christmas married. Aaron got me an ornament that says First Christmas Together 2007, it is so pretty. So we got to Arkansas on Christmas Eve (after flying into Dallas and driving to Little Rock) and spent the afternoon seeing everyone, except the Gustafsons who were in Arizona. We couldn't believe how much our nieces and nephews had grown. Abby was talking so much and Parker was running around. We were pretty tired and so we went to bed early and slept in on Christmas. (Oh how waking up early on Christmas morning has lost its appeal) Then everyone came over and we opened presents.

Cole was the official Gift Giver this year. He did so good.

It was gorgeous outside so me, Amanda, and Adam went on a long run and came back just in time for the huge Christmas feast. Later we played Cranium at Amanda and Joshua's house.

Aaron got me the first book in the Twilight series for Christmas, let's just say, I'm a little obsessed. I finished it in two days and then ran to buy the second book which I finished in less than 24 hours. They are so addicting. Aaron hated that he ever got them for me and vows he won't let me purchase the 3rd one. (Dream on buddy, I have a massive vampire crush on Edward) That definitely took up a lot of my time over the holidays.

We also celebrated 2 birthdays, Cassie and Cole. So we had parties for both of them. Cole was so excited to be turning 4. We went and saw Hello Dolly and the songs are still stuck in my head. We were so excited when the Gustafson clan got back and we could chase a few more kids around the house and play with their new wii, which is so much fun. I got a little sick on New Years Eve and wasn't much fun but we did have a fondue night complete with chocolate fondue. We also went shopping to hit the after-Christmas sales and we both got coats and we played Monopoly for hours. I also went to one of Jeanie's (my mother-in-law) yoga classes and actually really enjoyed it. I might have to try to do it more often.

Everyone wears hats at a Pierson Birthday. (Luke and birthday boy Cole)

Hello Dolly

The trip went by really fast and we couldn't believe it when it came time for us to leave. We can't wait to see everyone again especially since there will be new additions.

This is Joshua and Parker. Parker finally let me hold him the day before we left. Alas, he will have forgotten me by the time we go back.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hurry and read Eclipse and let me know which guy you love.

ambyr said...

Can I just say that Aaron has some hot relatives!!! Are they all married? I know I'm pregnant with my 3rd, but just curious!!

The Piersons said...

Can I just say, you crack me up Ambyr. No his younger, but taller brother Spencer is single and I am always trying to find a cute girl for him to marry. Everyone else is married. Sorry :)