Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back In Action

Last night I began my winter intramural sports season. My coed soccer team won 8-7. It was a pretty amazing game. We only had guys score goals (which is worth 1 point) and they had 3 girl goals (2 points). I didn't know if we were going to catch up but this awesome guy on my team, Mike, scored like 5 goals. One of those goals was a killer header off of a corner kick. I forget how much I love to play soccer. I wish I played more often, it is so much fun. I hadn't played in awhile so I didn't feel as comfortable (Aaron said I wasn't very aggressive) but I played defense mostly. I also forgot how tired I get, man, after about 5 minutes of sprinting up and down the field...I'm beat. Next week, water polo. I am so excited!

But lets talk about who is not back in action, the Dallas Cowboys. What a horrible game! I was very disappointed, what was the penalty count like 15-2?? If we lose our offensive coordinator now, that could be very bad news. At least Tony has Jessica to console him. :)

Other bad news, I have an ingrown fingernail. I've never had one before and it KILLS! I have a newfound sympathy for people with aching finger/toe nails.

3 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

ummm...so pretty much you're the most in shape person i know. last time i went running was ... well you know ... it's been awhile. :)

Kari said...

Well since you talked about both soccer and ingrown nails, when I was little I would get ingrown toenails a lot. One time I got one during soccer season, and when one of my games was over, I took off my sock and found lots of puss and blood.

So there's a happy story for ya!

carly said...

Haley! I didn't know you were such an athlete!! That's awesome that you're on all those teams. I'm jealous...I always wanted to do innertube water polo...