Friday, January 18, 2008

Bella, Bella, Bella

So I'm almost finished with the last of the Twilight series and I am so annoyed with Bella in this book. Come on, what's this about maybe being in love with Jacob? Now granted, I haven't finished the book yet but its time to give the werewolf up! He is no insanely beautiful vampire, he is no Edward, he is not the love of your life. And what's all this with being so opposed to getting married? Who cares what everyone thinks, they're obviously just jealous. I have fantasized being Bella for long enough, in this book she is annoying. Who knows, when I finish the book this weekend I may be singing a different tune but for now, she's not one of my favorite people.

But back in the "real world" (if only hunting down vampires was my real world) things are good. We had institute last night and talked about the war chapters. We watched a video that the Church produced on the war in Iraq and we were stunned. We had no idea how much the Church supported the war. I mean I am pro-war but feel more passion now. It really makes you feel how strongly we need to do what we can to rid the world of these secret combinations. We were pretty pensive about it, its scary times brothers and sisters, scary times.

Bringing me to my next point, politics. Who is everyone voting for?? This has become a huge topic of interest for us. I feel like this is the first year that the issues really matter to me. I feel personally invested in the economy, health care (don't even get me started on how horrible national health care would be), and the war. We're Mitt supporters but not totally in love with him, just thoroughly disgusted with the others. We don't really think the Republicans stand a chance though.

3 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Let's be honest - bella DOES get annoying. For me, out of all 3 books, nothing is like the 1st one. I just had to keep reminding myself that she WAS acting like a stupid 17 year old a lot of times...

Missy said...

I've been following this so closely... the election that is. I'm obsessed. I think we can totally win if we run against Shrillary, but against Obama, I'm not so certain. I'm all for Mitt, I think he would be awesome, but I'm not sure everyone's willing to put Mormonism aside. And really, the other choices in our party are just not great. I'm backing WHATEVER Republican gets the nomination though. Because any of them are better than having one of those Democrats in the White House!

Kari said...

HURRY UP and finish! The whole thing with Jacob really pisses me off. When I meet people that are pro-Jacob, I get really worked up about it. When you get done, you'll have to read the first chapter of Midnight Sun online. I feel like I've told you that before. Have I, or is that just deja vu? Sorry if that was a repeat.