Sunday, May 31, 2015

Father/Son campout

Oh my goodness, were my boys excited about this camping trip. For weeks I have heard, when I go camping with Daddy we are going to eat..., we are going to..., its only x number of days until I go camping with Dad. And don't think it was just Carson. Aaron was every bit as excited as he was to go as well. We were worried that the weather wouldn't cooperate but the rain held off and it ended up being perfect. 

They were the first ones there! 


The campsite was perfect. It was right next to the lake so Josie could just swim and swim and the kids could play in the water. It was awesome. 

We have gotten so much use out of this headlamp. 


Lots of time throwing rocks and learning to skip rocks. 


And... Carson lost a tooth while camping and apparently the tooth fairy doesn't visit campsites. :) 


Carson spent a lot of time playing with his friend Simon. 



Making s'mores. Millie was so worried that Carson forgot marshmallows and wouldn't be able to make any s'mores. I assured her there was no way there would be no s'mores. 


Josie had the time of her life. Swimming, chasing sticks and animals, eating hot dogs all night long, poor girl was completely worn out by the end of the night. 


I also had a very worn out but VERY happy boy the next day. 


No comments: