Saturday, February 28, 2015

Missions Half Marathon

So who has the most amazing husband in the world? Me! Aaron decided in January that he wanted to run a half marathon. I was planning to run one at the end of February so he said he would train hard and run it with me. And train he did. He worked hard and put in long miles. He trained on weekends and on the road and a lot of miles on the treadmill. I was so proud of him. Then race week approached. I got the flu and felt awful, the weather was horrible - cold, wet, icy, windy. The forecast for the race was freezing cold, rain and wind. The trifecta of awful. I told him the day before the race that if he wanted to back out I would understand and find him a new race. But he was determined and said he wanted to do it. So we drove to San Antonio in the rain, Aaron's parents were the best and came with us and kept the kids, and we got up early, put on lots of layers and we were ready to go. Here we are waiting for the race to start. The guy behind us was very cold. 


We said good bye at the starting line so we could run our own races and I was so confident in Aaron that he would do awesome. Here are some shots from the race. 


The course was nice and in nice weather be a lot of fun to run. 


I felt great in this race, strong all the way to the finish. 


Here is Aaron bringing it home! 


I was so proud of him for finishing. He was totally worn out at the end and had given it his all. He did amazing and in that weather too! It was so much fun to run a race with Aaron, I may be slightly addicted. 


It was too cold for kids to be at the finish line, too cold for awards to be handed out but I did get first in my age group and a lovely hat to show for it. :) 


No comments: