Sunday, February 1, 2015

Girls Trip, take 2

I know, didn't I just do a girls' trip?? Well Aaron was a gem and he and his friends got together and gave their wives a girls weekend away. It just happened to fall 2 weeks after my weekend in SLC with Aaron's family but I was excited to get away with my girls. My kids went to spend most of the time with my parents since Aaron was out of town working until late Friday night. So actually my weekend away started Thursday afternoon in my house all alone for a night. It was actually pretty lovely. I cleaned the whole house and did grocery shopping all alone. It was nice. 

Then Friday morning we left to start our weekend. We hit up the outlet malls in San Marcos for a few hours and had a lot of fun shopping. Then after a quick lunch we landed in San Antonio, checked into the hotel and head out to dinner. We went to this great local place called The Cove. Live music, great burgers and lots of fun. 


Then after dinner we did our favorite things exchange. Oh that was a highlight for me. I loved what everyone brought and hearing about everything. 

Then Saturday morning Jeana, Jamie, and I got up early for a long run on this gorgeous trail we found. It was so fun to run some place new. 


Then we walked along the boardwalk to breakfast. 


It was the most amazing breakfast ever. It was so yummy. 


On the Riverwalk. 


After lunch I had a massage and facial to get to. So relaxing and wonderful. Then after an afternoon of temple and hanging out we had a late dinner, yummy custard and it was time to make the drive home. I have been blessed with wonderful friends here in Austin. I know that it was a lot of work for my little family to make this trip work for me and I'm grateful to Aaron for all his hard work and my parents for taking my 3 kiddos on for a couple of days. 

I love my girls and I love this picture. Don't we all just look so happy?? 


No comments: