Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Becoming Jane

So I have the most darling husband in the world. On Saturday night we were on our way home from eating dinner with my sister in Salt Lake when I tell Aaron that I really want to see Becoming Jane. I had mentioned that it came out on video this week and I really wanted to see it. I love Jane Austen novels, they are the best. So we drive to the first Red Box, sold out. The second, third, all sold out. We finally decide to pay the money and go to Blockbuster, again all gone! I can't believe it, I think this was only in Utah by the way. So we drive to another Blockbuster, nothing. Along the way we have stopped to get ice cream to make milkshakes, this consoles me because we are not going to be watching Becoming Jane. I decide its okay because Monday is a holiday and since I planned on laying around all day I could rent it then and watch it while Aaron was at the library. Monday morning, same story...its no where. I came home and called Aaron and was so upset. So Aaron comes home from the library for dinner and what does he have in his pocket...that's right...Becoming Jane. He called every Blockbuster around and they all said it was gone and then one put him on hold and in the return box one had come back in. Aaron ran up there and snagged it. My Monday night was shaping up to be fabulous. We got our bowls of ice cream and got into bed and watched it. The movie was...kinda a let down. I mean we knew she didn't get married but it was sad. It was worth watching although I have heard there are better movies about Jane Austen's life. It was made so much better by the effort my husband put forth to find it for me. He's the best.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

You're right, that is the sweetest thing!

ambyr said...

AW!!! I knew I like him for some reason....that's how all guys should be!!! He's a sweetheart, now pop out some kids for me so my kids can have little haley and aaron's to play with!!!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

That was nice of Aaron, especially considering how picky he can be with movies... especially chick flicks. I got Adam to take me when it was in the theaters, and all I can say is that he'll never let me choose the movie again. We weren't huge fans, but I am happy to hear that Aaron is treating you so well. We miss you guys!

Christina Bassi said...

Thanks for your help! :)