Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Brooke!!


I cannot believe my sweet baby girl is one whole year old. I have loved having this sweet baby in our family so much and I cannot believe she is one! I have been sad because I feel like she is getting old so fast and I enjoyed this baby so much. I know she will continue to be more fun and I love watching them grown and change and see their personality come out, but oh I love having a baby. 

Her actual birthday was spent getting shots, taking brother to and from school, getting the piano tuned and a trip to Ikea. 



But then on Sunday night we did the whole cupcake eating, singing, and present opening celebration. Our friends all came over to help us celebrate and Brooke sure loved everyone smiling, singing, and giving her hugs. 


And she really loved eating her cupcake. 



Like inhaled in 30 seconds, loved. 


Cupcake snitching happened. 


Boys had fun together. 


Everyone watched Brooke eat. 




Then after our friends all left we opened presents. I let Brooke choose which present she wanted to open and then the big kids helped her get it out. 




It wasn't long before Camilla took over the presents. 


She told us how nice she was being by "sharing" some of the princesses with Brooke.
Such a nice sister. :)



Then she took them all away from her. I said Camilla those are Brooke's presents. She said, "I'm just pretending like they are my presents. I'll just put them up here on the couch where Brooke can't get them." 


Oh I love Brooke so much, not sure if you can tell or not. :) She has been the easiest going little gal and loves to just be close to us and play with her brother and sister. Brooke wakes up happy every morning and every afternoon, every day, without fail. We all go in and say "Brookey" as loud as we can and she just claps and smiles at us. She is the star of our little home and we all just think she's the sweetest. 

Brooke loves to eat, everything. She is such a good eater and really loves her snacks. Her favorites are bananas and applesauce. She is really starting to love her bottle now that she is weaned. 

Brooke is not walking but crawling all over the place, getting into everything and leaving destruction wherever she goes. She loves to pull all the credit cards out of my purse and then give them to me one at a time. 

Brooke has learned to play catch and loves to throw the ball, especially with Carson.
She is doing a lot of da da, ma ma, ba ba, babbling most of the day. She will also tell you what a lion and a hen say. She likes to play peek a boo and loves to be tickled. We all take turns making her laugh. Music to my ears. 

Brooke is that baby, you know the one smiling at you in the grocery store, waving at you at the park, and clapping for you in line. I love snuggling her, cuddling her and just watching her concentrate on something. 

Official stats: 
Weight: 18 lbs. 14 oz. (20th)
Height: 29" (40th)
Head: 45 cm. (50th)

Carson couldn't wait to see Brooke when he got home from school when she woke up from her nap. He wanted to see if she was one or still a baby. He ran into her room and then came out and said, "mom don't worry she's still a baby." 

Oh how we love our brown eyed girl. She has been such a wonderful blessing for our family and brought us more happiness than we thought possible. So grateful she is ours forever. 











No comments: