Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When it rains...

It pours!!

Aaron calls me on Friday to tell me that because of snow his plane is going to be delayed 2 hours. I just about died because I thought that he was going to be home that night to help me with the kids and we had planned to pick him up and eat dinner, I was just bummed. Then he called back and the flight was only delayed about 30 mins. Okay so some good news. We go and pick him up and we are so excited and happy and on our way to grab dinner when we exit the airport and BAM! we got in an accident. Everyone is okay but the car was banged up pretty bad and had to be towed away. Carson was pretty upset about it and scared. Luckily my parents came and picked me and the kids up and we went and waited for Aaron to be done. The kids quickly calmed down with hamburgers and french fries. We finally got everything finished and headed home where we all fell asleep very quickly. Then on Monday Aaron headed to work with the car, we decided that I could live without a car for a week while everything got figured out with the insurance, and disaster struck later that night. Aaron called me around 10:30 PM when he was on his way out of work to let me know that he couldn't find his keys. Someone had borrowed them to get something out of his car earlier that day and they got lost in transit. No one could find them, he had searched the office and he was stuck there all alone because the rest of his staff had gone home. So its about 11, Aaron is stuck in downtown and I don't even have a car to go and pick him up. Oh by the way, we have no spare key! Finally Aaron called his brother who was a saint to come and pick him up and they got home late that night. Today we started making calls to find out pricing on making a new key and we were so upset. Then miracle of all miracles we got a phone call that the security at Aaron's office found his keys. We were so happy we screamed! So you won't hear me complaining about living without a car this week because at least we have one car. :)

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Oh geez! SO glad everyone was ok. Sounds like it was pretty bad if it had to be towed. Now go make yourself a spare key!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Ok so I just emailed you but had to tell you again how crazy this all was!!! So glad y'all found keys! and so glad that this long month is coming to a close for you!

And Carson wore something other than his red shirt! Woohoo! :)