Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Pulpit

We are going through a strange phase with Carson and the pulpit at church. It began in January when we went to Arkansas for our nephew Cole's baptism. At the service, I lead the music and Aaron said a prayer. Well ever since then Carson has wanted to get up to the pulpit to lead the music and say the prayer. He spends all of church trying to get up there and as soon as its over he races for the top. A few times he has made it up there and throws the worst fits I have ever seen when I carry him down. Well this has been going on for 2 months now, we keep thinking it will pass but it has not! It is making church very difficult because this means he is throwing a fit and doesn't want to go to nursery, he just screams to go back to church and say prayers. Well Aaron called me a few weeks ago the night before he left town and told me he was coming home to take Carson out on a date. He didn't tell me where they were going but took off in Carson's pajamas and without shoes. Soon after they left I got a text message with these pictures. 


For one and a half hours!! Carson led the music and said prayers. He still wasn't ready to leave when it was time to go. Aaron promised ice cream, Popsicle, anything he wanted if they could leave but all he wanted was to stay. I think we have a future public speaker on our hands. :)

No comments: