Thursday, February 23, 2012

Aaron comes home tomorrow...

Aaron has been traveling this month and has been out of town for two weeks straight. Two weeks is a long time for me. We have missed him greatly. Not only has he been gone, he has been too busy to ever talk on the phone. I have tried to keep a positive attitude. I openly admit that this has been much harder on Aaron than me. He has been working crazy hours and going home to a lonely hotel while I get to have fun with my babies. The weather has been nice and we have had a lot of fun but let me confess... I am so tired. I have slept through the night 2 times since he's been gone. Do you ever feel like the powers combine against you when your husband is out of town? I do! Just a few of the things that happened while he was gone. I just feel like I haven't gotten to tell Aaron anything that went on while he was gone. Just a recap.

Carson got sick. Very sick. His fever went over 102 and I finally took him a children's clinic by my house. It was at night and I had to load up both the kids and it was not a pretty picture. Carson does not do well with other adults and a sick boy..the doctor just put him over the edge. He wouldn't let me put him down and I was carrying Camilla and it was rough. But he turned out to just have an infection and got better the next day.

My niece came and stayed with us for a few days, which Carson and Camilla both loved. While she was here we had a lot of errands to run, did our visiting teaching, and a lot of playing. Mia doesn't like to sleep alone so she slept with me at night. Oh man, I cannot sleep with a child. It kept me up all night. One morning Carson woke up very early, very grumpy. I was trying to feed Camilla and Carson just wanted me to hold him. I finally sent Mia off to get some popsicles to occupy Carson. Never too early right? :)

Then on Friday I hosted play group at my house and by the end of the week with having so many kids playing at our house, it was a mess! 


I decided to stay at my parent's house for a couple of nights over the weekend, which was a lifesaver. The kids has so much fun and it rained the whole time and so we would have been house bound and I would have gone crazy! But I slept in the same room as Camilla and I just don't sleep well. Her noises and she's congested and when she moves or rolls over it just wakes me up. Carson loved being at his grandparent's house and I loved having people to talk to. You probably haven't noticed but while Aaron was gone Carson finally wore something besides his red shirt! Victory. But he did have a relapse when he saw my red t-shirt in my bag.

One Sunday he was gone was my first Sunday in my new calling as the Primary secretary. I was feeling overwhelmed because Carson isn't leaving sacrament meeting happily because he wants to stay up at the pulpit and talk there and Camilla and Carson are both so tired. Plus I was singing in the choir. I didn't know how I was going to figure everything out and take care of Camilla. Then my parents came to the rescue again and called me on my way to church and told me they were going to meet me there and took care of Camilla and helped with Carson. Then they left church early and met me at my house and made dinner. Do I have the best parents or what!

Monday morning I woke up to this:

So not our best night. And by 5 PM I was ready to sell my non-napping toddler to the highest bidder. I wanted to buy Aaron a ticket to come home. I was tired of everything and just wanted to be able to go for a run which I have missed so much. (Not as much as Aaron but a close second. :) But I pulled it together by Tuesday and we figured out how to Skype with Aaron on my phone. Carson just kept going up the screen and telling his Daddy that he loved him the most. I got ambitious and even ran 2 errands in one morning.

Yesterday I hosted play group at my house, changed 8 dirty diapers, and spent a lot of time outside with my kids at the park. Right when Carson wakes up from his nap he asks to go on a walk to the swings. "Come on Josie, lets go." The kids are just the cutest and Carson is giving his sister lots of hugs. 
And today I took my kids to the zoo and had Mia along with us as well. I was worn out by the end of the trip from carrying one child at all times but the kids had so much fun and I just kept telling myself that I just had to make it through one more day before Aaron would be home again. We went to my Mom's house for dinner and playing outside and the kids fell right asleep on the way home.

Phew I made it..well just one more day to go. And Aaron doesn't go out of town again until May. I kept thinking it wouldn't be that different since Aaron works so much anyways but February has been a long month! 


2 comments:

CK Morgan said...

How nice to have your parents do close...and that they are helpful. I'm impressed with how much you did do while Aaron was gone but the no sleep does make it hard. The kids sure are cute though!

Jalei & Lane said...

I would die if Lane had to be gone that long. I complain about him working so much & he doesn't even go out of town! Thank goodness for good parents!