Monday, May 3, 2010

Trip to Arkansas=end of busy season!!

Finally, Aaron has come back to us. We missed him so much. As soon as Aaron could manage a day off work we headed straight for Arkansas. So one of our main purposes for our trip to Arkansas this time was to see sweet baby Joseph, our newest nephew, but we ended up leaving without a single picture of him! Although I did try and hold him whenever I could. I just couldn't get over how tiny he was, babies are just so small, somehow you forget so quickly. Not to mention that I had to share this little guy with is 5 older siblings who are all, amazingly enough, totally into babies. We had a great time visiting with Aaron's family and enjoying the beautiful weather. Life is always busy in Arkansas but we always love every minute of it. We also finally got to see my sis-n-law's belly and we can't wait for their little baby to be here soon. Aaron is never ready to leave, he always wishes we could stay one more day. Some fun things we did this trip were:

Go on a hike. Arkansas (for those of you who have never been) is so beautiful. We picked the perfect day, barely squeezed baby Carson in the Bjorn, and we all head up. We had so much fun. Carson loved it, he was kicking and squealing the whole time. Josie loved hiking too, she smoked us all, as she is in the best shape.
We also went to a festival or small carnival where we watched the kids ride fun rides.
The kids got in the pool, I still think it was way too cold for that.
And Carson spent lots of time playing with his cousins.
It was just so nice for me and Carson to spend so much time with Aaron, we had really missed him and I was very quick to let Aaron take care of Carson, change Carson, wake up with Carson, etc. :)

3 comments:

wendy said...

Whew, you made it through tax season. Carson is so cute. He's all boy! I can't believe how he's eating big people food. I hope to see him again soon. Oh ya, you too!

Jalei & Lane said...

I have to agree that Arkansas is a beautiful place to be! If yall ever go camping, go to Petit Jean State Park or Devils Den State Park. I love both of those spots. Or you should check out Eureka Springs. It's a cute little town.

Ashley said...

You're right, Arkansas is beautiful, who knew. So glad Aaron could be back and hang out with y'all - I love family days. And oh how I am the 1st to allow Logan to be a dad to Gavin - he's my nightly relief ;). And I will be milking mother's day this weekend all I can. Sleeping in here we come.. ;)