Monday, April 26, 2010

With Age Comes Mess???

Well I suppose the older Carson gets the messier he will become but this month he took a huge jump. It is so easy to keep things clean with a sweet tiny baby who isn't constantly pulling everything off your shelves, pushing toys around your house, and eating real food. But I tell you what, we sure are having fun every mess he makes. Now our little boy has 8 teeth, that's a mouthful for a 9 month old boy and since he has so many teeth he gets to eat just about everything we eat. He is definitely enjoying big people food but it just makes him look so darn big to me. But I was very ready to be over and done with baby food, it is so darn expensive. My first attempt at making a dish just for Carson was a failure, he wouldn't take a bite but now that I just give him whatever we're eating he loves it. The only bad thing about this is sharing with him when we go out to eat, I try and think of things that he can eat too. I've captured just a few of his eating firsts and you probably won't believe this due to the volume of photos but I didn't put lots up.

Mango was a huge hit!
One of his favorite things to do is play in Josie's water bowl. The first time I thought it was so cute, now I keep it up on the counter.
I had some friends over for lunch and I made pizza and Carson wasn't so interested until his sweet friend, Lucy, was sitting next to him at the table and he reached over and grabbed her whole piece and stuffed it in his mouth. He would go on to eat 3 whole pieces of pizza.
Spaghetti was also a huge hit.
And he loves apples, he just reaches over and grabs them and starts chomping away. He tries to do the same with oranges but can't figure out why it doesn't taste as good. :)
After meals sometimes I have to throw him in the sink to get him clean because he has made such a mess. :)



7 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

He has the biggest smile ever!

Kari said...

that's a lot of teeth! I guess I should start giving beck more food...I've just been giving him pureed stuff.

The Castletons said...

So cute. I can't believe how big he is getting!!

Jen said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. Carson is only a month older than Leila and she has zero teeth to his eight.
Also, don't hate me for saying this, but in some of those pictures he looks like a toddler! He is growing up way too fast!!

Michael & Shawna Trimmell said...

Wow, 8 teeth! My poor kids are late teethers. My daughter got her first one at 14 months and my son at 11 months. Your son is absolutely adorable! I feel ya with the boys and messes! They are curious and get into everything! Enjoy!

Jennah said...

He is SO cute!!!

Lindy said...

I know what you mean about the water bowl! He is too cute for words.