Monday, May 17, 2010

Sayulita

We made it back from our vacation to Mexico and we are all in one piece. It is pretty exhausting to travel with a ten month old by your self. I told Aaron that we won't be going on any vacations without him for awhile. Luckily my mom joined us, I could not have done it without her. Outside of the craziness with getting there (complete with being the very last people on the plane, being paged, me changing Carson's last minute dirty diaper and all) we had such a fun time visiting my sister, Kim. The town they live in, Sayulita, is such a fun laid back little town. I felt like we were so busy the whole time, running around to the pool and the beach but doing all of this around Carson's little schedule. Poor little guy spent a lot of the trip being exhausted. We ate all kinds of fabulous food and I had at least two fresh smoothies a day. We loved seeing Kim's store, it is so cute and Carson just fell in love with his Aunt Kimberly. He got so excited every morning when she came over and if she was around he was not about to lay down and take a nap. We took so many pictures but here are a few of our fun adventure.

We spent lots of evenings after it cooled off hanging out at the beach while Kim's husband, Eric, surfed. Sometimes you forget how much sand gets on everything.
Dinner on the beach.

We also spent a lot of time at the pool. Carson loved the pool so much! He would just dive his head right in the water. I am really going to have to keep an eye on him because he was not scared of it one bit.
I tried surfing for the first time with Kim and I loved it! I was totally addicted to it after the first day. It was so much fun to do it with Kim. I can't wait to take Aaron back so he can go with us.
And like I said, we totally wore poor Carson out.
We sure missed Aaron and were so excited when we finally (after two canceled flights and another night in Mexico) got home to see him.

7 comments:

ambyr said...

oh my word!!!! what a beautiful place!!!! I miss kim!!! looks likea yall had a blast....AND you totally look like a surf PRO!!!!

Jalei & Lane said...

So awesmome! How nice to have that be your home!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and Carson is the cutest beach bum ever!
Oh and you totally look like a professional surfer from a magazine. :)

Christy said...

What an awesome vacation!!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Wow - such a fabulous, fun place to go though I second you on the whole traveling without the hubby thing. It IS exhausting. And way to go with surfing - pretty much won't happen for me with my whole fear of getting eaten, etc. I must be on crack but I didn't think your sis lived in Mexico with a hubby? Why was I thinking she was in Utah?

Oh and I'll be in TX in July for sure so let me know what your plans are, etc.

Take a Look at My Life said...

Great pics Haley! I promise I will try to get Eric to email you the other pictures today. I miss Carson soooooooooooo much. Can you skype me? And I miss you too! Te Amo, Kim

Jalei & Lane said...

Well Galveston is no Florida, but we make do right? I think it would be fun enough to stay 2 nights. There's a few great restaurants & a cute soda fountain in town. You could also do Moody Gardens. It's really nice.