Wednesday, May 5, 2010

10 Big Ones

My little man is ten whole months old. It just goes by so quickly. I know I saw this every month but I can hardly believe it. This was such a fun month, Carson is changing so much. Some days I miss my tiny baby but I am having a lot of fun with my little man giving me kisses and clapping when he's happy. I have a really hard time saying he's ten months old now and its been a week! Some fun happenings for this month were:

He got a walker and it was the best thing ever. Grandma and Grandpa bought Carson a fancy walker that we use every day. We take it outside and walk up and down the sidewalks and he moves all around the bottom floor of our house. It was the greatest gift ever.

He started saying ta ta, ya ya, babbling a lot, making all kinds of noises.

Chewing on his crib like crazy!! That crib is going to fall apart, I keep looking for a crib cover. This is one of those times I really wish i could sew.

He started clapping, he gets so excited!

He found his thumb again, not sure what happened but its back.

Still no stranger anxiety. People come up to me all the time saying oh my gosh your baby is reaching out for me, or your baby is waving at me/smiling at me/clapping for me. Yes, he likes people.

He gives kisses, I would say, "can mommy have a kiss?" And then it would come, mouth wide open of course.

I can't believe I forgot this last month but Carson drinks out of my water bottle all the time. He mastered the straw really early and then figured out my bite and suck water bottle. I thought he was just chewing on it until I realized he was drinking out of it. So we share a water bottle.
All the real food, so much food!
He is waving more, he seems to think it means something but I'm not sure what. Sometimes he does a come here wave when he wants me to come to him.

He finally started feeding Josie, which they both love. I'll tell Josie no and she'll move somewhere else and Carson will crawl right over to her and stuff it in her mouth. I have a feeling this isn't going to stop.

His Grandpa in Arkansas taught him to shake his head and he thinks it is so funny. Its the first trick he performs for new people in lines and at stores.

He has a constant whining sound. Some evenings it goes on for forever and drives me crazy!! I'm not sure what is so hard about life but he wants me to be entertaining him constantly.

His first trip to the zoo:
He gives high 5s.

He has his favorite 5 or 6 books and if you try to read him a different one he immediately closes the book.

He is weaning me. He has no interest in nursing most days so most days we don't. He has better things to do, better places to be. Needless to say, this kid does not sit still.

He still looks skinny to us but we can't get over how adorable this little guy is. Every night we just stare at him in our crib and can't believe we made this beautiful baby.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Beck has those striped shorts! (of course!) I totally understand having to entertain all the time. I love when Matt is home cause it gets old fast.

ambyr said...

I totally have the same water bottle!!! LOVE IT!!! I seriously can't believe how much he's grown and can we PLEASE get together soon!!!! I' know I"m crazy busy until after June, but I think I'll be at my mom's on monday!!!! wanna come play???!!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Seriously such a doll! I love this age - so much fun ahd he sounds like such a fun, darling little boy. Oh and yay to have your hubby back and to take a trip. Probably my 2 favorite things in the world.

Oh and Evan's doing his masters at night at Northwestern. I lose my mind most of the times but he tells me "it'll be worth it." We'll see.

I need to meet your baby boy soon - he is getting too big!