Thursday, March 16, 2017

Rain, rain go away

 I swear it has been raining for weeks here. I mean I know we need it and its good but man I get tired of the rain. Any time the sun comes out I feel like we have to escape outside and soak it up. 

I took the kids on a walk one morning and Brooke decided she wanted to try riding her balance bike. Slowest. Walk. Ever. I finally had to put it on the side of the road and pick it back up on the way back. "what if someone takes my bike?" wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. :) 


This means we do lots of cuddling inside and lots of puzzles and book reading, oh and playing family. Brooke is always the Mom.  


Just in case you thought Camilla had outgrown her wanting to be scratched phase, well she hasn't. 


The rain couldn't slow down Marco's birthday party this weekend. The kids had a blast (the parents endured). They rented a boat and the kids had a great time riding on it. They didn't mind getting wet one bit. 


Carson even swam, crazy boy, it was cold! 



The rest of the crew just got their feet wet. 




Camill and Azzie underneath a tarp. It was a pirate party. 


Marco was the captain and took everyone on the boat rides. 


Everyone came home for warm showers, dry clothes and a movie night. One of the good things about the rainy weather is it makes it perfect for lounge clothes and netflix. 

Oh and cupcakes. We had some friends over for dinner and one of them brought a dozen cupcakes from this bakery I have been wanting to try in East Austin. Each cupcake weighed about 2 pounds and they were every bit as delicious as they look. 


No comments: