Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pumpkin Patch

I went on my first official study trip with Camilla's class. I can't believe I have had children in school for almost 2.5 years and this is my first study trip. I know what you are thinking, aren't you a stay at home Mom? Isn't that what stay at home Moms do, go on study trips??? Well usually the answer is yes but it just never worked. Either I was pregnant, or Brooke was at a hard age for study trips, or I had a busy teaching schedule or really it comes down to it just sounding too overwhelming for me to pull off with my kids. But I made a commitment to attend one trip with both kids this year and I decided the pumpkin patch would be perfect. I knew Brooke would love it and Spencer is easy so I just went for it. Millie wasn't sure she wanted me to go on the trip. She didn't want to miss out on riding on the bus with her friends. But Ms. Erhart told her that she could still ride on the bus and I just followed them there. She did seem happy to see us, which I wasn't sure if she would be. :) 

First off we decorated pumpkins. Brookey jumped right in like she was a part of the class and that never changed the whole time. 


Then we head off to see the animals and play some games. The girls walked like this the whole time. They were just the best of friends. Millie took perfect care of her sister and made sure she was okay at all times. It might have been the cutest thing I've ever seen. 


A little tug of war. 


They did the hay maze. I'm telling you Brooke was on cloud 9 on this trip. She was just thrilled with everything about it. 



Then we found some shade so the kids could learn about pumpkins and their life cycle. This is one of Camilla's best friends, Natalia. 


Camilla was chosen to stand in front of all the classes while they learned a song about pumpkins. Ms. Erhart explained that these two were a package deal and Brooke went right up there with her. She was the cutest thing ever, she just pretended like she knew all the words and like she was the kindergartner who was picked.


Then we were all ready for the train ride. 


Sweet, sweet baby Spencer. 


After a few more games it was time for the hay ride, a spooky hay ride. Brooke roared at all the scary parts. 


Millie wanted me to sit right next to her. This really was so much fun. 


Camilla's class. 


The outing was a success, big success. We all came home wiped out. 


No comments: