Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring Break - Week 1

So we love that Carson has a two week spring break. We have been looking forward to this for a very long time. The first week is fun to have Carson home but we still have all of Camilla's activities. She still has school and dance, gymnastics, etc. so we don't get to do as much fun stuff but we sure love sleeping in!! 

So this means the kids can stay up a bit later at night. I let them read some books in their beds before I turned the lights off one night. Sweet Brookey she fell asleep clutching her book all night long. As soon as she woke up in the morning she told me she needed to take this book back to Millie's room. 


Aaron had an early appointment Friday morning in Round Rock. We were still sleeping when he left but he came with the world's best donuts from the famous place in Round Rock. Oh my gosh these donuts were so amazing. 


It rained all week long. Seriously every, single day. So on Friday morning I gave the kids their list of things they needed to clean and they worked hard on it. After we got the house all cleaned Aaron took them to a trampoline park to play. 



We had made plans to camp that night at Inks Lake like back in January. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate at all. But luckily these kids have the best Dad in the world and he found a way to set up the tent under our porch in the backyard. The kids were soooo excited. 


We still grilled hot dogs and the kids thought it was magical. I let them make some strawberry lemonade and Aaron grilled the hot dogs to perfection.



Then we made s'mores of course. I got lots of chocolate bars and we loaded ourselves up. 


The kids seriously thought this was the greatest thing ever. 


Then we all loaded up in the tent to read books with Dad. He read to them for a very long time and they loved it. We had so much fun reading together and cuddling together. I looked over to see Camilla playing with Carson's hair and Brooke gave me about a million kisses. 



Not sure anyone could love their little family as much as I do. 


Aaron stayed in the tent to sleep with the kids and I opted to sleep in my own comfy bed. The kids were so excited that it took them a long time to settle down and finally get to sleep but they all slept well and in the morning Aaron made us all breakfast tacos. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do camping another way again. Sending the kids in to use our own bathroom and cleaning up everything before I went to bed was pretty amazing!! 

No comments: