Friday, March 13, 2015

Texas Independence Day

We had our annual Texas Independence Day party this past weekend. It was SO much fun. Every time I plan a party its always so much work and I tell Aaron that I am done planning parties. Its especially not as much fun with Aaron out of town. But then it all comes together and we have so much fun that we do it again. 

I decided to get cowboy hats for everyone to wear that didn't have one. I got pink and green and red ones. They were super cute and the kids loved playing with them. 

I got these cute boot mugs and bottled root beer and cherry lime aid for the party favors. 




We set up this back drop for people to take pictures and dug up Aaron's old gun as a prop.



Oh the food, it was delicious. We did ribs and BBQ chicken and everyone brought the most delicious sides. It was so fun! Then after we ate we played the newlywed game and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Then we had Texas sheet cake and ice cream. It was a great night. We feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends here! 

No comments: