Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Break Part 1

Carson had Spring Break for two weeks. Two whole weeks of the C man home with us all day!! I was so excited and we had such a great time. The weather was less than wonderful but that didn't stop us from doing some fun stuff. We did a lot of our normal activities but Carson got to go to gymnastics with Millie and do some other fun activities. We were taking care of our neighbor's dog and we used their play set too. 


Aaron got to fly home a day early and surprise us and so we decided to drive to Dallas on Friday morning and I'm so glad we did. We spent the day at our dear friends' the Spitzers. Ambyr came with all her kiddos and I got to meet her new little baby. They heated the pool and we swam for hours. We ate good food, hung out and talked all day long. 


Brooke loved the pool. 


I left to put the kids to bed and Aaron stayed and hung out with everyone until late. We sure love that family and always have fun hanging out with them. 

After a trip to the donut shop Saturday morning, cartoons in bed. 

(PS- I had an 18 mile run that I had to do on Saturday morning and coming home to kolaches and strawberry milk was ah-mazing)  


Aaron took the kids to this great park we ran by and they had so much fun. 



It got a little cold. 


Brooke and I were visiting my Grandmother in her assisted living center. We went to visit her two times and both times it was sad because she is getting older and getting more confused but they were both lovely visits. The kids loved seeing her and she was just in LOVE with Brooke. Brooke was giving her kisses and clapping and waving for her so that was fun. 

Saturday afternoon we drove up to meet Aaron's brother at an indoor pool in Plano. It was awesome and Carson, Aaron and Brooke had a great time. 

Camilla and I were doing this in the car:


I waited in the car the whole time they swam while Millie snoozed. She was worn out. 

Sunday we did church and Cory and Delaney came home. So now we had Shep Shep to play with. 

On Monday we went to Chick Fila for lunch. Always a hit. 


Then after my dentist appointment that afternoon we all met at Chuy's for dinner. We were supposed to meet my Grandad and Allyne but they went to Chili's. So there was some confusion but it was a gorgeous day and we ate out on the patio and my kids love them some Chuy's. 

Brooke has officially become our newest Chuy's fan. 


After dinner I got this great shop of my kiddos.  


Brooke and Sheppard. 


The four cousins together, all smiling and looking at the camera! 


Then on Tuesday we finally went home after a wonderful visit. 

No comments: