Monday, January 19, 2015

Pierson Girl's Trip

I was lucky enough to go away for the weekend to enjoy a girls trip with all my sisters in law and my mother in law. My MIL is so great to organize, plan and pay for these trips for us each year. We always have so much fun. This year we went to Salt Lake City. It was perfect. We stayed in a condo right in downtown where we could walk to temple square, city creek and all the fun things to do in downtown. I arrived a day late but jumped right in on the fun with pedicures. 


I just enjoyed spending time with my sisters in law and chatting. (We always have at least one baby on these trips, so fun!)


Then after a night of shopping and chatting I got up early Saturday morning to go for a run through down town and Liberty Park. Then we went to the temple for a session. My first temple session at the Salt Lake temple, I loved it. 


My niece Julia, we now have 2 nieces old enough to join in on the fun. She was my fashion guide on this trip and convinced me to get some leather pants. 


We also went to the Grand America hotel for afternoon tea. It was splendid. 




We stayed up late talking and learning from each other. Then on Sunday morning it was baby Charlie's blessing. I was so happy that we could be there for it. Then we spent the day at Spencer and Kellie's house. It was so fun to have some one on one time with their kids, who are precious. 

Amanda got in some snuggling with Lyla Jean. 


Then on Monday morning it was time to get up and make the flight home. I missed my little ones and my big one dearly. I could not have been more welcomed home by screaming and shouting from the car window. Aaron went golfing with his friends that night after I got back and I spent some quality time cleaning and unpacking and felt like life was back to normal. 

I am very grateful for my wonderful in laws who I enjoy spending so much time with. 


No comments: