Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Carson

Our sweet boy is 5 whole years old! I cannot believe that my baby is 5 and going to Kindergarten soon. This is the first year that Carson was excited for his birthday. He looked at the calendar everyday and counted the days until the 29th. He talked about his birthday party all the time and who would be there. It made things really fun. 

We started off the morning with pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes (Carson's favorites :) and orange juice.


 Then it was time to open presents. Carson got a present from each of us and he wanted to play with each of them right away.
We spent the morning playing games and teenage mutant ninja turtles. Then for dinner we had the C Man's favorites again, cheeseburgers, fries, and corn on the cob. 

We sang Happy Birthday and blew out candles in honey dew (another favorite). 


My kids never wear clothes in the summer. 

The next day we had his birthday party at Lake Plugerville. It was perfection. We loaded up on water guns, buckets, bubbles, shovels, and our favorite friends. Then we got pizza and watermelon and juice boxes and the kids were pretty much in heaven. I had to beg them to come up for cupcakes and singing and then we didn't get presents opened until right before we left. We had so much fun and it was so fun to have Aaron there to wrestle and play with the kids. Our kids were exhausted by the time we got home. 



Carson has been the best 4 year old and we have been sad to think about him turning 5. He is such a great older brother. Just a couple of stories from his birthday that show was as sweet boy he is. During the party the kids all had water guns and were chasing me around the lake. Camilla wanted to come with me and Carson immediately told all his friends to not hit Camilla. Then he came up to Millie and gave her a big hug and told her, "don't worry Mill Mill I will make sure no one gets you, I will never let anything happen to you." For Carson's birthday Camilla gave him CandyLand. He was so excited to play it and immediately asked Millie to come play with him. She agreed and ran into the living room with him. Then I heard this exchange:

Car "Millie since its my birthday and my new game can I go first?"
Mill: "No."
Car: "Okay well maybe next game I can go first."

At this point I stepped in and made sure he went first. :) 

He is so much fun and such a brilliant boy. We are amazed at how quickly he is still learning things all the time. He tries so hard to be obedient and do what we ask him to. He was recently worried that his teacher at church was giving them fruit snacks as a snack at church and he asked me if he should tell them no since they don't make you healthy and strong. He feels so bad if he doesn't do what he is supposed to. 

Carson is a mega cheater, he cheats at games all the time and hates to loose. He still loves to play soccer and swim and jump on the trampoline. He also loves the iPad, especially Angry Birds and video games. 

He is still loves to cuddle with us and gives out plenty of hugs and kisses. (I hope this doesn't change) 


We love our C man!

No comments: