Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Camilla

I can't believe my sweet girl is 3 years old. Oh how I love my Millie girl. You just can't know how much joy she brings to my life. Whenever Camilla wakes up in the morning or from her nap in the afternoon my heart skips a beat and I can't wait to hold her and snuggle her while she wakes up. We tried to make her birthday special and include all her favorite things. Millie loves being the center of attention so it worked out perfect. :)

When she woke up I was snuggling with her on the couch telling her how excited I was for it to be her birthday and I had planned to tell her all about the day she was born, etc. Everyone else was still sleeping. She looked right into my eyes and said, "where's my presents?" Love this girl. As soon as everyone was up we let her open her presents, one from each of us. 



Carson got her a light saber, it was a big hit!



Then we got her all ready, a pink birthday girl shirts, a pink tutu skirt and she let me put her hair in pigtail braids. I can't believe I can put her hair in braids. A year she couldn't even get a ponytail. Her hair has grown so much. 



She wanted to go to the 3 year old class at the gym so we headed that way first. The teacher told me she was so excited to go to class and announced to everyone that she was "thwee" and "I go to class with my brother." Then we went to the bounce house, another Camilla favorite. She had so much fun. 


When we got home we had a package waiting from her grandparents in Russia and that was awesome, another present!


For dinner we went to Chuy's, Millie's choice (influenced heavily by her older brother). Then all she wanted was pink cupcakes. 




The night was finished off with a movie in bed. We had such a fun day.


Camilla is the source of more joy and more frustration that I have ever known but I so love her spunk and sass. She is such a good big sister to Brooke and idolizes her older brother, anything he does, eats, etc. she is doing the same. Camilla weighed in at 30 lbs. and is in the 45th percentile for weight and 75th for height at 38 inches tall. She doesn't walk but prances most places and loves to sing and dance. She loves to play with her dolls and babies and to read books snuggled on the couch. She easily makes friends and defends herself very well. She wants to say the prayer all the time and often says very thoughtful things. She is still not potty trained, I am turning that job over to Aaron. She loves candy and wants to eat it all the time. She says the funniest things and talks all day long. The other night while changing her diaper:

Me: "Camilla come here so I can change your diaper."
C: "No you can't change my diaper."
Me: Frown
C: "You can if its true love." 

Happy Birthday Camilla, we love you a million billion. 


1 comment:

Jamie Boyd said...

Just catching up on your blog finally, which I love to do, especially with all the great Texas references :) We have passes to Hurricane Harbor and haven't been yet. Now I'm so excited to go. Anyway, I'm wondering if I'm the first person to notice the *awesome* typo in this post, since it's still on there. When you list Camilla's birthday presents, I think you meant to say "a pink birthday girl SHIRT". Haha, it's a good one :)