Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the fourth of July? I think it just might be my favorite holiday. Every year we have so much fun and the kids enjoy it more and more. This year we made our annual trek out to Blue Hole. Aaron got there very early to secure us spots at the park and the best table in the shade. While he was gone we made and tasted a lot of cookies.


 Our friends all got there early and brought lots of food and family. After we were all set up, the kids immediately wanted to get into the water. We were soon playing catch and eating snacks. 


Yeah pretty sure Brooke is completely done with baby food. :)




Both the kids loved jumping off the decks into the water. 



Two faces we know very well. 



Aaron showing up the teenagers on the big rope swing. 




And my favorite part this year was Carson going on the small rope swing over and over and over. He did awesome.  Later he even did the big rope swing, he is fearless. 



We spent a lot of time swimming, laughing, and playing games.  




I did the big swing too, although its hard to see me. 


We were so worn out by the time we got home and took baths so we opted for sparklers at home instead of a big firework show. I missed the fireworks but the kids were just as happy with this. 



Happy Independence Day. I am especially grateful for a country where I enjoy so many freedoms as a female and where I am free to worship and learn as I choose. 

No comments: