Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dallas Arboretum

Last week we met my Mom and Mia at the pumpkin patch at the Dallas Arboretum. It was a rough morning but we both finally made it there and the kids were in heaven. The weather was unbelievable! I am just loving the weather right now, we are living outside. The pumpkin patch is designed after Cinderella, which Carson wasn't interested in but Mia loved. They ran all around the pumpkins, climbed the pumpkins, and Carson counted them and tried to carry them all home.

There was also a small petting zoo with a few animals. Well have I mentioned before how terrified my child is of animals? He just freaks out about them, he wouldn't touch one of them. Carson is especially terrified of dogs, he starts crying if one comes near him, in the same room/yard as him. It is especially crazy considering we have a dog and he loves her more than anyone else in the family.
So I spotted face painting and thought it looked adorable but no way would Carson sit still for it. I knew Mia would and would love it so I went and waited in line with her while Carson ran around everywhere with my Mom. Finally while Mia was getting painted Carson came over and said he wanted to be a tiger so we decided to give it a go. The man who painted his face was awesome and very patient with him. He just kept letting him point out all the colors and "help" him paint his face. He looked so adorable I could hardly stand it! I was quick to take some pictures before he could wipe it off.
After all this fun we ate lunch and walked around the flowers.
Then the kids just ran all around the park chasing each other and having a blast.
Camilla was perfect in her wrap, just sleeping the whole time. She woke up to eat and watch the kids run around and then fell back asleep as soon as we got back in the car. After about 5 minutes in the car on the way home this is what I turned around to find:

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

That is some elaborate face painting!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Too cute. And that guy did awesome with the tiger face painting!