Monday, October 6, 2008

All Grown Up!

A little late in posting, but Aaron's little brother got engaged last weekend. We just can't believe it. It always seems to happen so fast when its not you. We couldn't be happier about our new, future sister-in-law. She is the cutest, nicest, friendliest, etc. girl ever. For those of you who haven't heard, Kellie (Spencer's fiancee) served her mission in Little Rock (where Aaron is from). She spent 8 months in Aaron's home ward and Aaron's family fell in love with her. I mean we have been hearing about this girl since a year ago. Aaron's mom had her picked out as Spencer's future wife. So did every other family in the ward that had a son. So we have been hearing about her for months and months and then right after she got released she came back to visit with her family and wanted to eat dinner with the Piersons. Well before she left she asked Aaron's mom for her bread recipe. Jeanie said she would hand it over in exchange for her phone number so her son could call her. He called her later that week and the rest is history. I love that story. Needless to say the Piersons in Arkansas are just beside themselves. So they're getting married the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (I know, so fast). So after taking out a small loan (only a slight exaggeration) we bought plane tickets for Thanksgiving week to Utah. We're so happy for him!

Also all grown up is our sweet puppy. I was looking at her this week and can't believe how big she is getting. I thought I would post one of her right after we got to Texas. Her first day playing in the back yard we found her like this. Our Jo loves water and mud, this combo was a special treat.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good grief, you've got such a darling pup! Leave it to a white dog to find a big puddle of mud....

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Such a fun story!! So when are y'all going to be getting back from Utah?

We'll be driving through Dallas on our way back from San Antone (I have another friend who lives in Dallas too) but I'm guessing that y'all will be in Utah... Let me know.

We'll have to catch up in March when I come to TX for sure!!

Rachelle said...

Yay for Spencer! I'm so happy for him!

The Castletons said...

yayy that is so exciting! tell spencer congrats for us!

CK Morgan said...

how fun to be getting a new family member. I am dying for my sisters to get married so I can have some brother-in-laws. And, that picture of your dog is too cute! She looks like she's keeping you busy!