Monday, September 29, 2008

Lovin the Lake and Bein a Woman

So two completely unrelated topics to discuss today. First of all, one of the greatest things about being in Texas is going to the lake every Saturday. Aaron and I have had so much fun going out on the boat all the time. But no one loves it more than our little water dog. The first time we went she was a little timid of the water but now every time we jump off the boat we hear a little splash behind us and she's in, swimming around. This is Aaron's first summer to wakeboard and he is having so much fun. I, on the other hand, used to be fearless, but have turned into such a chicken. Every time I do a trick in the back of my head I hear, "Haley is this going to affect your ability to some day have children?" How weird am I? Here are some pictures of us tubing, swimming, and having fun.So Jo and I are riding the tube together and I guess she thought she was done because she just jumped off in the middle of the ride and started swimming back to the boat. It was so funny. In unrelated to the lake findings, I read an article the other day about how the week before you start your period your metabolism increases causing you to need up to 300 extra calories a day. 300 free calories (well not free but we make do) people!! Those craving we feel are real. What will I be eating with my extra calories you might be wondering. Well I'll tell you: Sonic chicken toaster (quite possibly the greatest sandwich ever but also probably not the most healthy what with the fried chicken, bacon, cheese, toaster bread and all :) Finally a bright side to this dreaded time of the month. *
*note: I felt good about posting this since I feel that the only people who read my blog are women.

6 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Ohhhh - sonic's chicken club toaster. I ate these NONSTOP when I was pregnant. Seriously - I couldn't get enough.

Y'alls lake excursions look so fun!! I am SUCH a complete wimp now - not that I was something amazing before but really - the biggest wimp ever.

Ashley said...

I am so so jealous you are in Texas. Oh maybe one day we can move there.

You're little fact has completely helped justify the bad food I eat before my period. Bring it on now I say. =). I will be in heaven when I'm pregnant and can use the excuse that I'm eating for two. Maybe I'll say I'm having triplets to justify it even more..haha.

Bytheway, your lake pics look like tons of fun! I love lake days!

carly said...

I'm so jealous! I love wakeboarding! That's so cute that Jo went out on the tube with you!

Spencer said...

Nope, women aren't the only ones reading this blog!

Jen said...

I love that you take your dog boating with you. She seems like such a sweet girl.
Also, thanks for the 300 calories excuse. I've already used it. :)

Balancing Act said...

Haley this is totally unrelated to this post, but since I saw you at the gym today I had to comment. I got sucked into the consultation! Ahhhh! He took up so much time that I didnt even get all of my cardio in! Ugh! There's no way that I'm spending the insane amt of money on having a personal trainer! Oh, and how funny is it that we're lookin at the house across the street from you. Small world!