Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And We're Back!

I know, I know. I have been a total slacker with blogging. I don't know what happened but I just took the month of August off, not blogging or checking blogs. But today I am going to read and check up on every one's blogs and try and post an update from us.

So yes folks, its true...we're Texans!! It is official. Its been weird being back. It was so hot when we got here, unbelievable really. Aaron started his job last week after Labor Day and seems to be enjoying it. (well after he figured out his way around downtown) He is in Chicago right now for 2 whole weeks of training. That is the longest we have ever been apart, it really stinks. I have been getting settled here and now I am seeking employment. I'm hoping to find something more in the 30 hour a week range.

Exciting happenings from August were making the long drive here in two cars. I couldn't believe we could fit our entire world into two cars but we did. The DI in Provo got a lot of our stuff and we were fortunate enough to be able to sell a lot of it. We stayed with my grandparents in New Mexico for a couple of days and then right after we got here we headed out to Arkansas for nearly two weeks to see Aaron's family and have a family reunion. We stayed in a gorgeous house in Hot Springs right on the lake and did boating and hanging out, it was really beautiful and fun. Here are some highlights from the trip:

All of the kids loved our sweet Jo. She was such a great traveler and she LOVED Arkansas.
Morning Yoga on the balcony at the house (have I ever mentioned how many Yoga instructors there are in Aaron's family?...lots)Aaron's parents got us all a box at a Traveler's Game and it was so fun. The kids got to run the bases afterward. (Isn't my husband a hottie)We could not get enough of this little girl, she had changed so much!Aaron and I shared a birthday dinner:We spent a lot of time having fun on the boat:I have so many more fun pictures to put up. We finally experienced the Spitzer's famous water slide and it lived up to its reputation. Jo LOVED it, she ran up and slid down again and again. (Ambyr do you have pictures of that? We don't seem to have any) My brother and his family came for Labor Day, Aaron has gotten so good at wake boarding, and we have Pierson family pictures.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you updated! Looks like you have had so much fun this past month! Good luck finding a job.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

You exist... yeah! I was wondering what happened to you. We had a great time seeing you guys too, and I'm so excited that we get to see you again so soon.

So, Adam will be out there tomorrow and Thursday interviewing, so this is your chance to tell him how wonderful Dallas is. Order good weather, ok. :) We love and miss you guys!

Jalei & Lane said...

I'm so glad you're back! Sounds like you've been having so much fun. I love Arkansas! It is so pretty.

carly said...

Yay! Love the pictures, Haley! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun August! What a cute, cute family! (My favorite is the yoga on the balcony pic :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad we didn't get to do anything before you guys left. I'm glad you've been having fun though. How sad that Aaron's gone for 2 weeks! Tony was gone for 1 night last week and I pretty much cried my eyes out all day and night until he got home. Hopefully you're not as bad as I was :)

Rachelle said...

Welcome back! Looks like a great August!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

I've been thinking about you TONS! So glad you're back. And I'm officially 100% jealous that you're back in the homeland.

I will be there myself for sure in March! I'll also be there for Thanksgiving but I know how crazy holidays get...