Thursday, July 31, 2008

What we've been up to...

I've been so bad with keeping up lately. But the big update is that we are moving on August 4th. I have gotten almost all of our furniture sold and new people are moving in the afternoon after we move out. We're getting excited to leave but also sad to leave Utah. We will miss our family here and the mountains. But talk to me in the winter, I won't miss it very much. :) We've been working on packing but still have so much to do. I just wanted to get a few things up as to what we have been doing lately.

First off and most important, its true folks, we got a puppy!! Her name is Jo and she's a white lab. She is beautiful. She goes everywhere with me and is so smart. House training her wasn't difficult but she does not sleep through the night. I have newfound respect for your new mothers. Seriously tired all the time. But she is a cutie. Here are a few pictures of her:For my birthday we went to The Police concert. It was so fun! Sting is so hot (sorry, its true). I mean how old is he these days? Aaron was surprised at how much he enjoyed it and how much music he knew. We also did all my favorite things on my birthday - swimming, tennis, eating, ice cream, etc.

Pioneer Day was really fun here. I ran in a 10K that morning (a grueling one, hills, hills, hills) and we played all day long.Other than that we've been saying good bye to friends and family, trying to celebrate Aaron's birthday (I did a bad job, I'm working on redeeming myself), playing with Jo, and taking naps where we can.

10 comments:

ambyr said...

no way!!! what a cute dog!!! Is he going to travel in your lap on the way to texas!!! can't wait to see you guys!!

Jalei & Lane said...

Aahh, you're such a sucker! Did you get Jo from that one person, or did you get a better deal? Trust me, Jo will be totally worth it! He's SO precious!

The Piersons said...

We got a much better deal on her. Aaron talked to the guy and explained our situation and he was very nice. We were very lucky :)

The Berry Family said...

oh my, Aug 4th is like in 4 days. I can't wait to see you guys. Its been forever. Call when you can visit, I work on the weekends but can meet up anytime during the week, let me know. Congrats on the puppy, way cute!

BKC said...

I love your puppy!!! And I'm sad your moving, even though I didn't even get to see you when you were here :( Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move...you're probably already there. Did you cut your hair? You look way cute!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

What a cute dog!! So fun that y'all got one. We eventually will - as soon as I get up the nerve. I'm scared I won't be able to potty train it... :) I'm not doing so awesome with Colt so...

Are y'all in TX yet?? SOOOOO jealous!

Jen said...

That girl is absolutely beautiful. Dogs make life so much better. I'm so happy you got her and I love the name Jo. Isn't it funny how they take away your precious sleeping time? I think that dogs are good preparations for kids...
I am VERY impressed that you sneaked her into Parkside. I know how hard it is (we tried it once and got caught).

Ryan said...

Aww...your little baby is cute too!! Thanks for the thoughful comment...and thanks for keeping up with us :) We'll come show the little squirt off when she gets big enough!!
best of luck to y'all,
ry, steph, and avery

Spanky and Family said...

Welcome back to the mother land! We bought a house by the way.