Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Puppy Woes

So about a week ago Aaron and I are driving down the road and we see a sign that says puppies for sale. We pull over, just to take a look at these adorable puppies and we fell in love with them. They were the cutest things in the world. Aaron found his favorite and picked him up and he just fell asleep in his arms. Aaron gave me that look of longing for this puppy. I ask the lady how much they are. Gasp, 500 dollars! (What does this dog produce...gold?) Aaron looks at me and says, "tell her we'll give her 25 straight up." So expensive but I've never seen Aaron want something more ever. I told my mom it was like having to tell your child no when they are wanting something so bad. Aaron said to me, "babe, all I've ever wanted in my whole life is a dog that I can throw a frisbee to and can play catch, that's all I've ever wanted." My heart is breaking people, BREAKING! The logistics make no sense, we can't have pets in our apartment, we are moving in a couple of weeks and don't know where we will be living in a couple of months, not to mention poor. Maybe in the future, but for now...this puppy will have to find another home. Sweet Aaron told me he likes to think that the puppy didn't find another home and is just waiting for him.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Oh that same scene happened to us, but Matt was the one telling me no. But I eventually got my puppy! (Keep in mind that free dogs are the best! check out ksl.com)

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Adam and I went through the exact same thing. Abby was almost one, and we were at a walmart and this guy had the cutest puppies outside that we fell in love with, but Abby really fell in love with. It followed her around and licked her. We asked the guy to hold the puppy for us (even though it was around $200) and we literally went around looking for apartments that night that would let us have animals. We were willing to break our lease. Then reality set in. Don't worry, Aaron, you'll get your puppy before you know it.

ambyr said...

did I tell you that is how we got jinxie? off of university? for $15? and then she sat on my lap the whole drove home from utah to texas. and we got her on mark's birthday!! yall should find a way....

Ashley said...

I heart puppies. Especially that one in your pic. Log's afraid to get one because he wont get any more lovin', it will go 100% to the dog. And he has a point..haha just kidding. I bet that had to be SO hard to say no. i totally thought y'all got one. One day...when we all have houses! =)

The Piersons said...

You guys I laughed so hard reading all of these comments. Who knew so many people went through the same things as us! Love it!

Jen said...

Dang Parkside Apartments! You should surprise Aaron with a puppy when you get to Texas. Is the one in the picture a Golden Retriever? I had two Retrievers growing up and they are the BEST dogs in the world. You can't get a better tempered or sweeter dog. I say go for it!