Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Debt Free...for a few days :)

So at the beginning of this week Aaron's student loan was due. We have been saving every penny since last August and used every penny to pay it off before it accrued interest. I was proud that we could pay it off but a little part of my heart ached as I confirmed the transaction. It was worth it for Aaron to get his masters, I am proud of how hard he has worked in school, it all pays itself off. :) So we're back to the beginning, back to saving every penny because in December we need to buy a new car and of course we're hoping to get into that house in the Spring. It never ends right? But it is all exciting stuff we're saving for so that makes it easier. Plus the motivation to get out of my parent's house. (Love you Mom and Dad, but you know what I mean)

I have been going through a lazy, lazy phase. I don't know why but I've had a few days where I can't bring myself to do stuff. I've driven to the gym and not gone inside. Yesterday it was so beautiful and I thought I would go for a run and instead I made myself an oreo milkshake!! Which was delicious. I'll think I'm going to run an errand...and won't. Who knows, but I'm ready to be out of it. (Although sometimes its kinda nice :)

October in Texas is unreal. It is so beautiful. I've been taking Jo on long walks and to the park. Running in October in Texas is the best, slightly cool air, sun shining, fabulous. I miss Utah but not right now. Plus Halloween is coming and I love candy! I can't wait to see all of your darling children's costumes. I love looking at how adorable they look all dressed up. (Side note: Aaron doesnt like Halloween and doesn't like dressing up, I know! He's no fun). But if I was cute and creative and my husband would let me, I would like to think our costumes would be this cute:
Peter Pan, Lost Boy, and Tinkerbell, all hand made by hers truly. (I have such crafty friends)

And my two-month break is coming to an end. Yes my dear friends, I will begin working again next week. I'm excited but sad, I have loved my time at home but I miss working too. Well more I miss what comes from working, our checking account misses me working. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying the fall and take lots of Halloween pictures!!

7 comments:

CK Morgan said...

enjoy your last few days before work then! Clark doesn't like to dress up and do holiday stuff either. sad! I loved the sweat suit post below. I almost had to go get myself one!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh - congrats on getting a job! Where are you working?? I LOVE these months in Texas -definitely jealous of you.

I think, for sure, I would love Halloween better if I had an OUNCE of creativity. Oh well.

PS - Can't WAIT to see you in a month. Thanks again for letting us come! You're the best.

Jen said...

Dang girl! That is awesome you and Aaron paid off your student loans so quick. You should be very proud.

(Everytime I buy/drink Simply Juices I can't help thinking of you...)

Miriam said...

WOW, thanks for the shout out!!
I was so surprised to see that picture when I scrolled down! AND FAT PROPS for paying off that loan! That's nothing short of ASTRONOMICAL. Something to dream about..... And I'm SO excited that you guys are coming down this next month!! For sure we'll have to get toghether, we're probably going to be in Monticello Thanksgiving day, Friday and Saturday, but other than that we'll be home, so we can get together! YAy!

Miriam said...

PS That is SOOOO great that Spencer is getting married--she looks super cute!

Jalei & Lane said...

Ya we just paid Lane's tuition off today. I was like, "Lane, don't use the credit card again because we only have $35 left on it!" What a sad day. I can also relate you you on the gym thing. I've driven there a few times myself & decided to go to Whataburger instead!

ambyr said...

I'm so proud of you guys!!! you are doing what we have always been told!!! stay out of debt!!! It was so fun hanging out with you guys!! I'll see you this weekend!!!