Friday, October 17, 2008

The Ending of an Era???

Okay maybe not an era but an important event in my life none the less. So for those of you who don't know, I really love clothes. I love wearing cute clothes, finding cute clothes, shopping for cute clothes, all of it. This was not always the case. In high school I would say I did not wear cute clothes or make up, actually I wore unattractive clothes mostly. Then my freshmen roommate was Brooke, who was the epitome of getting ready every day and looking adorable. I started wearing make up and getting ready for school most days. Still I wouldn't say I made a huge transformation. Gradually it became more and more important to me, I purchased my first pair of designer jeans before my mission. (Huge turning point, I can never ever go back now). After my mission it was in full force. Even though I had 8 o'clock class everyday I was ready, fully ready every morning. Not to mention I had two closets to work with here because my roommate, Stacy, is probably the most fashion savvy girl I know. I really realized this when one day I was so sick but went to school anyway and wore a cute t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes and one of my students came up to me on campus and asked what was wrong with me because I wasn't dressed like I normally am.

Anyways, this has all gone slowly downhill since I got married. For several reasons, I worked for a small company where I never ever saw anyone and those precious extra 15 mins of sleep became so important. My clothing budget has diminished, well is non-existent. But it is still important to me and I have all my pre-marriage clothes to work with here. But this is all changing. What could possibly bring about a change in my desire to wear adorable clothing everyday? This:My grandmother bought me one of these when I was visiting her last month and I'm in love. It is so comfortable. I wore it all day yesterday, all day. I may never wear jeans again. I wonder if I can find a job where this fits into the dress code...

6 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Yeah - I pretty much love my sweats. But that's no shock because I'm definitely no fashion guru. I think I drive my sister NUTS - my capris and flip flops drive her crazy.

I do try and put on jeans by the time Evan gets home. If that's not love, then what is? :)

Aaron said...

Thanks for that advice rebecca :)
I do have to say I think my baby looks beautiful in everything.

Anonymous said...

The era of looking good on a daily basis must have ended a really really long time ago for me because I can't remember ever being "the epitome of getting ready every day and looking adorable." You must be talking about someone else. Somehow I put on a spell on Brent though - just yesterday he was telling me how hot I looked (I was wearing jeans and a polo and zero make-up, my usual routine) - sweet husbands are the BEST!
ps - wasn't it YOU with the faux leather pants, and fancy tops that I was always borrowing - not the other way around .....?

Jalei & Lane said...

Well those sweats are STILL cute! It's just your "lazy cute" attire!

Christy said...

You look cute in whatever you wear.

Anonymous said...

k, so you have to tell us what brad they are and where they are from?