Thursday, May 22, 2008

Puerto Vallarta

So my favorite of the 3 stops was our last Puerto Vallarta. I love this place, seriously, if you only go to one place in Mexico go here! The downtown is so cool, cobblestone streets and tons of shops and the restaurants are so yummy. We were in PV last year so I knew the main thing I wanted to do there was swim at the beach, they have great beaches. So we read about all these wonderful beaches that we didn't try last year so we decide to go to a new one. Well we spend 6 bucks on a cab to get to downtown and then 14 bucks on a cab to get to this new beach. Well we got there and it was SO small, I'm totally bummed. So we start counting our money and don't have enough to get to any of the other beaches we wanted to go to. So we're waiting at the bus stop when I see this sign for horseback riding through the jungle. So after some "negotiationing" we get her to agree to take us on a 3 hour tour up to the waterfall and then that will leave us with 4 bucks to get back to the ship. It was so worth every penny. It was amazing! It was Aaron's first time on a horse, so he's pretty adventurous to do it in Mexico. Our horses were pretty tame on the way up but then on the way down, they took off. I couldn't belive how gorgeous everything was. Then we got to this place that has a little waterfall that is a natural waterslide and they had a rope swing, with clear water. It was so fun, we played there for an hour. Our guide was american, so that was nice. When it was over we rushed to take the bus into town, then jumped on another bus that took us 2 blocks from our ship, all for 2.50! So we made it back...exhausted. It was my favorite day.

So we took a picture in this exact same spot last year :)

This is an overall view of where we went riding.

Some pictures of us on the trail.

Aaron loves this one because he thinks it looks like a scene out of Last of the Mohicans. :)Us playing at the waterfall.

And finally the end of our ride (my head was getting burned), we made it safely.

9 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

Ooo I am SO so so jealous of your beautiful vacation. You two look so happy!

ambyr said...

We went to puerto vallarta on our honeymoon!! It is beautiful, except we didn't take all the adventures that yall did!!

Spanky and Family said...

Oh my heavens, I get notices everywhere now. I was at the Gym when a commercial came on. It all makes me laugh. Greg was there. We can't have lasagna at his house with out telling the story of you cooking lasagna in AZ. It's fun being a star. Megan thinks I get too much of the start treatment though. Hope all is well, let me know if your new Grad needs a job. We're always hiring in Finance and can use some more BYU kids here. Everyone else is.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

This looks AMAZING!!! Oh my gosh - funny thing is Evan is sort of scared of "big livestock" as he put it. He would absolutely hate it if he knew I wrote that. I'm thinking I want to go on a cruise to the carribbean but oh my gosh does puerta vallerta look so wonderful!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Hey- I just got your comment- you'll have to tell me how to get to Fernando's blog (who doesn't love a good ole fashioned blog stalk?) :) I forgot to tell you. I was in the Denver temple cafeteria a few months ago with the hubby and guess who I saw?? Zach - remember him? Engaged boy that I was in love with? I, of course, didn't say anything (guaranteed I remembered him but not vice versa) but he was still cute - I'm just being honest. :) I had to tell Evan the story of being forced to take a picture wiht him and me blushing SO BAD. Such good memories with you Haley! Oh and ps - we're not talking the boys on this trip we're planning. Just Evan and me!

Rachelle said...

Haley it looks so gorgeous and it's obvious you had so much fun!

Let's swap thoughts on Night soon!

Rachelle said...

P.S. My gmail is RachelleELizabeth@gmail.com. Let's chat occasionally!

Bekah Parker said...

Wow those pictures are amazing! And I can only imagine how it is ten times better in person. I am so happy you guys had such a good time. We have a lot of trip telling to catch up on:)

BKC said...

We are so jealous of your trip!! Looks so beautiful. When we're planning a vacation, I will definitely call you because I"m thinking we should do Mexico! Fun stuff. I'm glad you had such a great time!!