Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mazatlan

Our second port of call was Mazatlan. I had unfortunately gotten very sunburned in Cabo (of course) and so I didn't want to swim in Mazatlan. I wore pants and borrowed one of Aaron's dress shirts because it was the only long sleeved shirt in either one of our bags :) So we did more shopping here and I watched Aaron swim for awhile. It is a very old, cool town. We also did this 6 mile walking tour, which turned into 8 miles because we couldn't find the ship at the end. I avoided being in any pictures this day.

We just went to some hotel's beach and Aaron didn't have anywhere to change so he changed under a towel, it was hilarious. This lady selling something was resting under the shade next to us and wouldn't leave so Aaron just changed while she was there.


The walk we went on took us right along the beach through old Mazatlan to new Mazatlan. Okay funny fountain story. So by the end of this walk we are SO hot and out of water. So we get to this fountain, guys it is so dirty. Its spraying out dirty water the water circulating has trash in it, its gross. But we were SO hot and the water coming out felt so wonderful. We both stood in front of it for a few minutes to cool down. (I know, I know, we may have come home with diseases).

3 comments:

carly said...

What a fun trip!! I want to come down and hang out with you guys sometime soon!! :)

The Piersons said...

We want you to come down soon!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Ohhh I'm loving hearing about your cruise! And your pictures are seriously awesome. Evan and I are planning a cruise for next year for our 5 year and looking at your pictures makes me soo excited!

PS - when my family went on a cruise last year we almost missed the ship! we made it on with seriously a minute to spare. can you believe they don't give refunds??????