Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Salt Lake City Half Marathon

On Saturday I ran in the Salt Lake City half marathon. It was my first time to run in this particular race and it was so beautiful. I got to see so many parts of the area that I haven't really seen before. The weather was perfect and the hills weren't too bad (which for Utah is great) and I came in 9 minutes under my goal time! I had so much fun, I always love all the random people lining the streets to cheer you on. Aaron just followed me around and met me every few miles where I would run by give him a high five and keep on going. He was so great. Then we partied at the finish line with more food than you can imagine. I felt like a wimp when we split from the marathon runners but then at the finish line couldn't of been happier that I didn't have another 13.1 miles to go!

Here we are at the post-run party. (Notice the chocolate milk in our hands and Aaron's stuffed pockets with cookies, granola bars, etc. )

This is right after I crossed the finish line and found Aaron.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Dang girl! That is so impressive! People like me can only dream of running a half marathon. Way to go!!

Ashley said...

Oh my congrats! I am so blown away by marathon-y people. How you can run that long is beyond me...I brag all day long if I do 2 miles on the treadmill. And then I call it good for a month. Way to go Haley!

And that would so be logan stuffing his pockets too...love it!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

GO Haley! VERY impressive girl. The longest I've ever run is 6 miles and I felt like an olympic runner. Evan always runs a race in October and I LOVE all the food afterwards. Ps - I like Ethan too but shock of all shocks, Evan's nixed that one too... :)

ambyr said...

YAY!! Good for you!!! Doesn't it feel soo good to run in a marathon!! I just ran a 5k last year-but it felt great!!

Kari said...

Nice job, crazy runner! I want to run in a half marathon sometime...but I don't think I'll ever want to do a whole marathon. Maybe when I get inspired like my mom when I'm 50. Eh probably not.

Jalei & Lane said...

Wow you're so athletic. I've always wanted to run a half marathon, even a 5K. But I like to have a running buddy & no one I know is into that sort of thing. I'll have to be more independent!

carly said...

Wow Haley!!!!! You are amazing! Is there anything that you don't do??! I'm so impressed!!

Rachelle said...

Haley! I am so excited that you guys have a blog! I just emailed Aaron the other day saying how I'm going to miss you two since you're moving to Texas!

And I wish I would have seen you at the half marathon! My older sister ran in it so I was there with her husband and kids cheering her on.

Sorry to write a novel, I'm just really excited we can be blog friends now!

Miriam said...

you are awesome!!!!
And ohmygosh, those cookies are AMAZINg, i just ate one, and am tempted to steal allan's....
POST THE RECETA!!!
PS thanks for babysitting last night last minute!