Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cookie Deliciousness

Hey all I've had a few requests for this AMAZING cookie recipe that I found. Seriously it is so, so, so good. You will love it, I promise. I made them on Monday and am making them again tonight, we can not stop eating them!! (Jalei, feel better that you guys aren't the only ones :) I originally planned on sharing some with my brother-in-law but couldn't bare to part with them (how horrible am I?). So I'm making more tonight to see if I can recover some of my sharing genes. Enjoy! and my pregnant friends Enjoy twice as much!

Snickers Cookies

½ c. sugar
½ c. firmly packed brown sugar
½ c. butter, room temperature
½ c. creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 ½ c. flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
30 mini sized Snickers candy bars (about one bag)

In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter. Add vanilla and egg. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to peanut butter mixture. Shape dough smoothly around each candy bar, making sure the bar is completely covered, without having a lot of excess dough. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°, check at 12 minutes, and take out when they are slightly golden. Cool a minute or so and remove from cookie sheets. Delicious served warm.

*My changes: I only had enough dough for 24 cookies not 30...I tend to eat a lot of dough before they make it in the oven and we like big cookies.

5 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

I LOVE these cookies!! You can also try it with other mini candy bars. I don't know if you want to risk it but twix are good...

The Piersons said...

Oh Twix do sound really good. We tried it with Milky Ways last night and they were also very good.

Scuba Steve said...

That just evil...

Dana said...

You have a very cute blog! And those cookies sound DELICIOUS! I love new recipes! Tell Aaron "Congrats on Graduating" from us! That's so exciting for you guys!

Miriam said...

YAY!! I'm so glad that you posted it!