Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can you be addicted to ice cream?

So I just wanted to share the funniest story that Aaron told me the other day. So Cory (my little brother) and Aaron were talking the other day about addictions and how people become addicted to different things. They discussed how it can be in your genes to be addicted to things and how some people more naturally become addicted to stuff (bad and good). Cory talked about how addicted he is to Coke (seriously if you know my brother you know how much Coke he consumes, its unreal- in Mexico we were at this all inclusive resort and Cory would order trays, that's right TRAYS of cokes). Then how he thinks our family has that natural tendency. Well Aaron is like, "I don't think Haley has that." Cory (laughing) says, "um...ice cream. Have you ever met ANYONE who eats as much ice cream as she does?" And then, this is my favorite part, Aaron AGREES with him.
People is it so wrong to eat ice cream every day? Does that really constitute an addiction? So I looked up the definition of addiction:

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

Well after reading that it was easy to decide... yes, yes I am addicted to ice cream.

12 comments:

Ashley said...

well and really,how can you not be addicted to ice cream? It's just that good! Especially with brownies, oh bless me!

Anonymous said...

I have something you totally need to buy someday. A soft serve ice cream maker. I don't know about you, but I LOVE homemade ice cream. The one I have is cuisinart... and it's a little spendy $100. But, it's awesome. So easy to use. Makes ice cream in like 25 min. Tastes so good. And, it's soft serve. You can add mix-ins as you dispense it. You can make ice cream, yogurt, or sorbets. Seriously...it's so good.

The Piersons said...

That does sound good, I have a birthday coming up, I should ask for that. Thanks Deb!

Anonymous said...

ok, let's be honest though...if you're going to be addicted to something i'd say ice cream's the way to go :)

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

yeah - me and food pretty much have that relationship. i'm thinking it might be time to hit the gym after this baby gets here... :)

Cindy Merris said...

Hey Piersons, I'm so glad you found our blog. We really need to get together before you guys take off.

ambyr said...

please tell me it MUST be BLUE BELL!!! How you be addicted to any other brand!!!

Missy said...

Dang, Haley you must have the metabolism of a 10 year old to be able to eat ice cream every day! And even though I'm a die hard Texan I have to disagree with Ambyr, I'm not a big fan of BlueBell! I never have been! I love my frozen yogurt. Mmm...

[now thinking of ways to buy said Cuisinart ice cream maker!]

The Piersons said...

You don't love Blue Bell, Missy, what is wrong with you? Ambyr, of course, its Blue Bell, you were at my wedding reception, that was my one food requirement, a Blue Bell ice cream sundae buffet.

Jalei & Lane said...

Yes you can be addicted. I remember one time I was addicted to ice cream for 2 weeks. Everyday I would come home from school & I HAD to have a cookie monster! (warm choc. chip cookies under the ice cream). Luckily I made myself quit, but the withdraws were horrible!

Jen said...

That is too funny. If you're going to have an addiction, ice cream is a good choice!

Missy said...

Okay, don't get me wrong. I like BlueBell, I just don't love the stuff like a lot of other people do for some reason. Caramel Turtle Fudge is my favorite but they only make it like once a year for two months!