Thursday, March 20, 2008

California Fun

This past weekend Aaron and I flew out to California to spend the weekend with my brother Stephen and his family. My sister-in-law, Casey, thought it would be fun for all of us to be out there for Stephen's birthday so she suprised me and Aaron and my little brother, Cory, with tickets (I know, she' amazing). My parents were also out there, it was so much fun! Stephen and Casey just bought a new house and it is so beautiful. It was a quick trip so we had to jam everything we wanted to do in 2 days. Of course the most important thing we wanted to do was spend time with Abby. She is the sweetest girl ever. It is so funny because she reminds us so much of the Abby in Aaron's family. She just smiles and loves everyone. Aaron and I fought over who got to hold her everyday during her nap and we were snapping pictures of her left and right. So here is our weekend recap. Aaron got Abby for her first nap right after we ate lunch on Saturday.
We thought she was so cute when she woke up.Right before we left for dinner at Tokoyo Kitchen. Everyone sang to Stephen after dinner, which was amazing. My family at the restaurant. It was such a great night. More pictures of fun stuff we did with Abby.
And last but not least, the mock Coldstone ice cream cake I made for Stephen's birthday. I have to admit, it was so delicious. We were so sad to leave but so happy we got to be there for the weekend. We can't wait to go back out there for Abby's birthday.

2 comments:

ambyr said...

wow!! How much fun!! Kasey was so sweet to do that! Abby looks so beautiful and all grown up. Is that snow I see in california? I wish we could all live the the same state....maybe someday:)

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

I'm behind on your blog again! So I must be really hungry right now because that cookie out of the trash can (which I LOVE that you ate!!) and that ice cream cake is looking soooo good! What a seriously fun time with the fam - I love weekends like that.