Friday, March 14, 2008

Volleyball Game

On Saturday night Jedd & Co. came down and we went to the volleyball game. BYU men's games are so much fun! Jedd used to play on the team when he was at BYU so they try to come down pretty often to watch some games. Just wanted to put up some pictures of our nephews we love so much.Would you believe each of the boys finished their Popsicles? These things are huge!Obviously a horrible picture of me but I realized I have never posted a picture of my sister-in-law Marcie that I am so obsessed with. She is 8 months pregnant, by the way. In unrelated news, I had a dilemma at work yesterday. My boss is out of town and I was in his office looking for some invoices when I happened to stumble upon the fact that he had a wrapped cookie in the top of his trashcan (the very, very top mind you). Not just any old cookie, but a Carver cookie, chocolate chunk with fudge all over the bottom. It was all wrapped up but why did he throw it away? I debated for a moment before deciding that yes, I was going to pick it up out of the trash. I got it out opened it up, it wasn't old, still soft - the only plausible explanation for not eating the cookie that I could come up with was that he didn't want the calories, I don't know. I however did want the calories and ate it. (Well I saved part of it for Aaron, it was huge) So its official, I pick up food out of other people's trashcans and eat it.

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Let it be noted that this is the first I have ever heard of this cookie coming from the trash. When I asked my wife last night where the cookie came from (before I ate it), she just said "oh, my boss just didn't want it"!!
Honesty is crucial in a marriage.

The Piersons said...

Awe, you would've eaten it either way. :)

ambyr said...

HA HA!! You guys are so funny!! I would have done the same thing-if it was a cookie I liked. Girls go for anything no matter where it came from when it comes to sweets!! Atleast you shared it Haley....I probably wouldn't have:)

carly said...

Hahaha! Haley, I love the trash can cookie story! You two are officially my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious! i can't believe you ate a cookie out of the trash. remind me never to take mysterious food from you :)

Missy said...

Haha, I'm still laughing especially after reading Aaron's comment. You're brave for even admitting doing it! You guys are funny!

Jalei & Lane said...

haha, that is so funny. Way to rationalize!

Kari said...

I'm so glad you admitted to that story. I once ate chicken nuggets out of the trash in my dorm apartment. They were on the top too! Very George Castanza.

The Piersons said...

Guys these comments have really boasted my self esteem, I had no idea I was so funny! :)