Monday, March 10, 2008

A Night with Josie Scout

On Friday night Aaron and I got to babysit one of our favorite babies in the whole world, Josie. Her parents went to a concert and we were counting down the hours until she came over. We had so much fun! We took her to our intramural games and I loved every second of the hearing the refs and fans talking about how cute my baby was. Of course I did have to say she wasn't my own. I also enjoyed sporting her fabulous diaper bag. :) She was an angel and just smiled at everyone. People kept asking me, "is she always so happy and good?" Aaron was so excited, although little Josie was a little scared to let Aaron hold her. Then at bedtime she really just wanted her mom. I tried putting her to sleep and letting her "cry it out." It was horrible, I couldn't take it, how do you moms get used to that? After like 2 minutes I went in there and got her and let her stay up until her parents came and got her, when she was immediately all smiles again. We just love her.

6 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Letting them cry it out is definitely not fun but oh so worth it in the end. SOOOO worth it! :)

Jordan said...

How do you know my Jen, my BF/former roommate?? I figured you became friends with Chad there in Provo, but apparently that's not the connection! Too weird!!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

You guys are too cute. Well, you might be in big trouble with the crying it out things, because we know from personal experience that Aaron can't do it, BUT it is the best thing you can do for yourself and the baby. Trust me. :) I just used earphones... life savers. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

so i was just on facebook and saw on your profile that you have a blog...and not that i was stalking your fb profile (because i totally wasn't), but i'm totally going to stalk your blog. :) it was great to see you today!

BKC said...

Okay I love her and I don't even know her. She is SOOO cute!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! MY BABY IS THE CUTEST!!!
Thanks so much for watching her! I still feel bad about the crying episode....yeah. It might be hard for you NOW to let a baby cry, but believe me, when it's your own baby, and when it's like three in the morning, and you've had enough, you'll muster the strength! Love you!