Thursday, January 5, 2017

2017

I've been doing a lot of thinking about goals for 2017. I'm not normally one to make a lot of resolutions. I mean I try to think of ways that I can improve regularly but I don't usually sit down at the beginning of the year and make a bunch of goals. Lately I've been doing a lot of reading about positive thinking and the power that it can have in your life and a big thing that is emphasizes is the importance of making goals, writing them down, saying them out loud, owning them. I believe in positive thinking and how it can effect you so I am really trying to make more goals and hold myself accountable for them. I have some goals for the year but I'm trying to break them down into monthly goals and then at the end of each month reflect on how I'm doing, if I want to continue, if the goals is working/was realistic, etc. I'm trying to keep it simple and improve in four aspects of my life - motherhood, as a wife, physically, and spiritually. 

Ultimately I want there to be less yelling and less motivation by threats in my home so each month I want to break it down to something I can do to make that better. 


I also want to spend more time enjoying my kids and giving them my undivided (NO MULTITASKING) attention.  


I want to be a more compassionate wife, putting Aaron's needs ahead of my own. This one has been harder to break down into a monthly goal but I'm working on it. 


I want to be healthier, eat healthier, and be more consistent in meal preparing and prepping. I also want to see faster times in my races and enjoy the process of getting there. I know how much hard work that takes so I need to remember that. 

I want to make my way through the Book of Mormon at home seminary study guide. And actually participate and do all the assignments. 

We had a FHE where we talked about resolutions and some things we can do better as a family. Of course we did it around the fire pit with s'mores. :)  

Carson wants to get 60 minutes of active time every day and at least 8,000 steps, he wants to pass off the next level in his piano books, and move up a level in swim. He also plans to finish the Book of Mormon this year before he gets baptized. Camilla has some goals for gymnastics and wants to be kinder. Brooke wants to turn 4, learn to swim without floaties, and be my best friend. Spencer has a goal to sleep.through.the. night. (wait maybe I made it for him!) 


It was a fun night and I hope the kids really try to stick with their goals. Of course incentives help us achieve those goals so I am planning to make those as well. 

I think 2017 is going to be a great year for the Pierson Family. As my Mom said, "Haley this is your chance to not move or be pregnant for a whole year." :) 


No comments: