Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Cinderella Story

So we went to Target to get a few things the other night, a few things, do you ever end up just getting a few things at Target? Anyhow, my goal was to get a few things and while we were looking at some winter clothes for Brooke, the Cs were all over the place running around and playing tag. I finally got them together and we were on our way out when Millie spotted something she wanted very badly. It was a beautiful, pink princess dress with matching pink slippers. 



She wanted it...bad. I tried talking reason to her and it would not be heard. I tried convincing her that we could put it in the cart and talk about it at checkout..no way she'd been fooled by that tactic before. I mentioned that Christmas was coming soon and she could ask Santa for it. No, no, no she wanted it and truth be told I wanted it too. It was darling and I'm weak. I finally told her that if she really wanted it she could have the dress instead of going on a date with Dad for filling up her sticker chart. She recently filled up her sticker chart for good behavior and she of course wanted a date with Dad, that's what my kids always pick. But after giving it some thought she chose the dress. I asked her if she was sure, she said she was. She happily clung to her dress, and the matching shoes of course, all the way through the store and then in the car. On the way home from the store Carson mentioned how much he loves going on dates with Dad and how much fun they are. Then I heard my sweet Millie say, "mom, here you can have my dress. I will ask Santa to give it to me for Christmas. I want to go on my date with Dad." It was the sweetest thing ever. I called Aaron to tell him immediately and he started crying. He was missing us very much. My kids sure love their Dad. That was true love to give it up and I'll tell you what, she has not once asked for it back since. 

No comments: