Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas In Arkansas


I'm just going to have to give the shortened version of this trip to Arkansas as it was a long trip filled with fun activities (as are all our trips to Arkansas).

Aaron's Dad retired after 32 years at the UAMS hospital. We attended his retirement party, here is a picture of the cake with all of his favorite things:


I got my hair done and I started to worry about the kids so Aaron sent me these pictures to let me know the kids were just fine. I was SO excited to get my hair done, it was just awful.



Aaron had a guy's trip while we were there, filled with golf, movies, and eating out. They also spend some time in Greers Ferry and stayed in this gorgeous house and played more golf, of course.


While the men were gone we had fun activities with the girls. We made lettuce wraps, hung out, and decorated sugar cookies with the kids. They loved decorating the cookies but I must say we were much more interested in eating them. 





Carson loved playing with his cousins every day. Every morning he begged us to go over to their houses to play, it was so cute. And of course everyone was so nice about letting him come over. He rode bikes, played kickball, jumped on the trampoline, played in the leaves, and ran all around with them. He was so tired every night.





Our kids had quite an obsession with Josie, they really miss her. She is being very well cared for.






Nativity on Christmas Eve, the best one yet!




Christmas morning was anticlimactic. The kids didn't know what was going on. Carson colored the whole time and Camilla opened all their presents. Aaron and I didn't buy the kids anything or each other anything so there wasn't much to open. I vow to do more next year so its a little more fun. 





We made Carson come over and open his activity books and he just started coloring them there. 



Camilla did love her doll and her purse. 






I made fruit parfaits for Christmas dinner and Camilla helped with the whipped cream. She was a pretty big fan. Can't blame her. 



Carson spent the morning playing with Josie. She is his best friend. 



 Christmas day the power went out in the whole town so we got to do a lot of fun in the dark games and sing songs. Then the snow came down. So. Much. Snow. It was really fun to have a white Christmas and beautiful to look at but I know it was so much work for everyone as it took out trees and branches all over the place. We still left that day but waited until it warmed up a bit and they had a chance to clear out roads. 






No comments: