Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Girl's Trip

I had a great girl's trip weekend with my in-laws in Dallas back in January. Well I should say it started off good. We met together at a hotel and Aaron's parents opened their mission call to Russia! (we are so excited) and we had so much fun hanging out just the girls. I am so lucky to get along so well with my sisters-in-law and we just stayed up late talking and laughing. (Not eating though, this is Aaron's family :) Then Saturday morning I went for a run with my sister-in-law and came back from it feeling really awful. We all went to the temple together and I could not keep my eyes open and then while we were shopping I went into the dressing room at Gap to lay down. I finally had them take me back to the hotel so I could take a nap. I ended up getting a fever and getting the flu. It was pretty nasty for a whole week. But aside from this, I had a great time spending time with just the girls. But unfortunately my kids didn't do well for Aaron. Carson got the flu as well and spend the weekend throwing up, day and night. No one was sleeping, it was a rough weekend for poor Aaron. I came back early Sunday morning, we grabbed the kids and came home. I was sad to get sick on such a fun weekend (which included not getting to do all the fun eating out) but I was happy to spend some time with Aaron's family. Also Aaron gained new appreciation for me. In his words, " I will never make fun of you for being in your pajamas when I get home at night again." 

No comments: