Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Determined to love Christmas

So I decided this year that I wanted to do all the fun Christmas stuff and that my children were going to love it. I envisioned happy children sitting in Santa's lap and happily decorating sugar cookies. I could just picture the three of us making gingerbread houses and Christmas music playing in the background while shortbread baked in the oven. This was finally going to be the year that Carson was going to get excited about Christmas... I just knew it. Well I was wrong, very wrong. Carson could still care less about the holiday and I'm pretty sure has no idea that it even took place. BUT I was dedicated. Aaron was MIA this month and I was determined that I would do all the Christmas stuff with my kids. So here it is people I can at least show my children pictures some day of all the fun stuff they did. :)

Christmas Lights. I really wanted to put up Christmas lights this year even though I'm not very good at it. It felt weird putting up lights when it was so warm outside but the kids thought it was fun and loved the lights. I know its doesn't look like much but I was so proud of myself. 




I took the kids to a free Christmas party in downtown. It was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. They had a bounce house, which got a little crazy.


Camilla was such a good sport waiting in her stroller while her brother ran around. I just couldn't keep my eyes on both of them at the same time. 


Ornament making and cookie decorating. 



A little train ride.


And on the night we decided to make gingerbread houses Aaron came home to join in on the fun, he hated missing all our fun Christmas stuff. Which made it so much more fun! I don't know how I would have pulled it off without him and I definitely wouldn't have so many pictures. :)  








And Santa, oh Santa. I waited in line with my kids for forever and they wouldn't go near the man. I was talking it up to Carson the whole time and he was so excited and then when it was go time he froze. Camilla screamed like he was going to hurt her. This was the best picture I could get. 



I decided to make shortbread this year for our friends and neighbors and this meant several trips to the grocery store, lots of baking, and way too much eating. I just love this shot of the kids begging me for carrots while we shopped. LOL your kids do this too right? 


I was feeling so proud of myself this month doing so much fun stuff with the kids all by myself. Then one night I was reading scriptures with the kids and I was talking to them about why we celebrate Christmas and I said, "Who has a birthday on Christmas, who are we celebrating?" And Carson said,"Um.. Santa." I missed the mark there, I repented and changed our focus after that. :) 

No comments: