Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quick Visit

We were lucky enough to have a quick visit from my parents last weekend. Both my sister and I had hubbies out of town and we were wanting out parents to come and visit us so they made a last minute trip down to stay with us for the weekend. We had such a great time. I mean we lived by my parents for 4 years, which we loved but there is something special about them coming to visit, like its a big deal to see us ya know?

Friday afternoon Camilla took a nap in my room and Carson was playing in his room and we were all exhausted. I had gotten up at 4:30, my Mom had driven all morning, and my sister is growing 2 babies. Nap space is a little sparse in my little house so we had to improvise a little. But we did it! 


The kids were so excited when they woke up Saturday morning and Grandma and Grandpa were asleep in their living room! They were even more excited when Grandpa said, "lets go get donuts!" That is one phrase my kids know very well. 



For right now Carson gets to pick out his donut and Camilla's donut... I'm wondering how much longer he will get away with that. 



My Dad spoiled us and took me to Costco with both the kids, filling our end of the month pantry. Carson's favorite thing we got - a nice big box to climb in and read books. :)



Saturday night we went to eat sushi and then try out Amy's ice cream, which is like "the" ice cream place around here. It was yummy, very rich, nothing but cream and whole milk in this stuff. The best part is that the one by our house has this whole playground area for the kids to run around in. It was super busy but very fun. The weather has been amazing. 



My Mom picked up this gem at the resale shop. Oh my cuteness. Camilla LOVES this stroller. She likes to go outside and take her baby on walks. I could just eat this little girl up! I'm so smitten its ridiculous. 


Thanks again Mom and Dad, we had so much fun! 

No comments: