Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Patch


So one Friday afternoon I was at the park with the kiddos and the other women there start talking to me about our kids. This is something that I love about Austin. People talk to me everywhere and ask me questions and share advice and if they know cool things to do with kids - they tell me about it. I mentioned that I wanted to take my kids to a pumpkin patch but one that is preferably cheap, like really cheap. One Mom knew just the place, the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm, then another told me how I could get Carson in for free - this is sounding better and better. I checked it out online, found a friend who wanted to go too, set a date, packed lunch, blew a tire in my double stroller on the way, and we were off. :) 

We started off on the hay ride. Camilla and Carson both thought it was fun but wouldn't stay close to me. I kept getting so nervous that Millie was going to fall out. 


Our first stop on the hay ride was the playground and tractor display. The kids had a great time playing and going down the slide and Millie was not to be left behind for one second, she was all over that. 



Now you weren't supposed to climb on the tractors but really,  how could you resist this photo opp?? When I asked Carson what his favorite part of the pumpkin patch was he said it was the tractors...totally worth the rule breakage. 




Next stop: corn maze. Now the corn maze was a little low, we are in a serious drought here, but the kids didn't care and it made it way easier for us to know where the kids were all the time. Camilla had a hard time keeping up with the boys. 


I love this picture:


Then we decorated pumpkins:



We took a quick stroll through the animals, it said you could pet them but with a warning that they might bite. No thanks you. :) Then we went on a train ride. The kids really liked this part, we got to sit in the caboose. 



After this we went through one more maze and were ready to call it good. 

They had this adorable little place set up for photos and this is the best I could get, it was a fun morning but my kids were very done by the end. 

1 comment:

Laney said...

You guys have been doing so many fun things. I love all the pictures. I want to see Halloween posts... those pics on Facebook were cute cute. I recognized those footless leggings!