Thursday, April 12, 2012

March Recap

                                                    A quick recap for the month of March.

We totaled our car...it was horrible. But we got a new one. A beautiful silver Honda Pilot that we really like. We were lucky to find a car in about one day since Aaron only had a Sunday off. I lived for 2.5 weeks without a car and as soon as Aaron had a Sunday free we took full advantage. I got many rides from friends, we did errands on the bike with the bike trailer, and spent many days at home working on the house. My Mom also sacrificed many days to come up and spend them at my house while I used her car to run errands. 

We celebrated the Texas Independence Day at a party with friends. We had a great time eating fabulous BBQ, brushing up on our Texas trivia, and drinking root beer by the bottle. 

We have been enjoying fabulous weather.

Carson and his friends are doing a lot of digging. 

Which is part of the reason why we needed to plant a lot of grass in the back yard. Aaron's parents came down for a weekend for our sweet niece Ella's blessing. While they were here they helped us with all the landscaping in our front and back yard. Aaron's mom brought her Ucayali and she and Carson had a great time singing and playing it together.  

For Spring Break we went and stayed in Arlington for a few days to have a vacation, just me and the kids, Aaron was working of course. So we spent our days at our friend's the Spitzer's house. We had SO much fun, swimming all day, eating food, catching up with my dearest friends, blowing bubbles, and just hanging out. I get very lonely my friends, very lonely, and it was so nice to have people to talk to and hang out with.


Then we went and visited my grandparents in Hobbs for a few days. I went with my kids and my Mom, and Mia came with us. It was a quick trip but fun to see my grandmother and visit my grandfather. Carson really came out of his shell this trip, he didn't get too scared of other people and he had a great time using his imagination. This was the first time I had seen him play with a baby. He was taking care of it, feeding it, and burping it. 

Camilla was a good traveler but still doesn't love her car seat. She did smile at everyone we passed in Hobbs and everyone loved seeing her. 

But the day we left we woke up with this going on in Carson's hair. 

We are a little bit obsessed with Carson's hair. It has taken a very long time to come in and Aaron will NOT let me cut it. It has the perfect curliness and we really do love it. I called Aaron devastated that I thought we were going to need to cut it. But with some water and shampoo and some tears... it came out. 

Camilla got a boyfriend:

All of the traveling was a little hard on us. We were very happy to come home and get back to our schedule and routine. Carson's blanket had gotten lost in all the shuffle and it was a happy reunion. 

And of course, I worked day and night on the house, we decided to attend UT, and on March 30th we listed our house. 

4 comments:

Kari said...

I can't believe you got that out of his hair. I don't think I would have even tried!

The spelling on that "indepence" sign kills me. I'm dead as you read this.

The Tidwell Blog said...

We are so excited for you guys to go back to school! Ivan has been thinking about getting his MBA for a long time and we just can't quite make the jump. It's a big decision. He was actually wondering what Aaron is hoping to do after he finishes his degree. That is what is holding Ivan back. He would love it if Aaron could shoot him an email. We know you guys are super busy so if you can't, we totally understand. His email is ijtidwell@gmail.com if he gets a chance. Thanks! Sounds like you guys had a really fun/eventful month! You are seriously such a beautiful family!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

YAY for Austin!! I know that you were excited that was an option so yay for everything working out! Such a busy time for you - hope you're hanging in there. Wish I was there to eat blue bell with you and help you through it. Hope things are going well with the house sale too - keep me updated!!

ambyr said...

yay!!!! I've been thinking about you guys!!! is everything going good? how's the house selling going?!!