Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Eve

These pictures just show you what my life is like with this Angel girl. This is how it is with my princess every day but I love how these pictures show how much fun we had the night before Christmas. I am pretty sure that I love the night before Christmas much more than the actual day of Christmas.
We started off the evening with an amazing dinner made by Aaron. We decided to make salmon this year for dinner and it was perfect. It tasted so amazing and was a fun change up for us. Aaron is amazing on the grill and this year he had his little helper. Plus someone had given Aaron a huge steak bone from a dinner out with his firm that week so Josie had a bone to enjoy the whole time. After dinner we read the nativity and tried to act it out with the Little People nativity. Carson was not so into it. I said, "Carson after dinner we are going to read a story about Jesus." He said, "hm....how about Alphabet Adventure?" I said, "no, a story about Jesus." He said, "no, Alphabet Adventure." Well we compromised on the Nativity and then Alphabet Adventure. And then Popsicles in the bathtub.
Then we got to open our Christmas pajamas. Well the kids got pajamas. Aaron got work out pants and I wanted lounge clothes because well, I live in them these days. Plus we let Carson open a present, a book, of course. He was so excited, Christmas could have ended right then and he would have been thrilled. After Camilla went down, we played with Carson and ran around the house, chased each other around the house, and scooted around the house. Finally we were all worn out and it was time to get to bed. Mom and Dad being much more excited about the coming morning than either of the kids.

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I agree. I prefer Christmas Eve over Christmas day. Maybe it's the anticipation.

Lauren said...

Our Christmas eve was the same. Dallas and I were much more excited I think than the kids. It is so fun to play Santa! Your kids are darling!